Movies Silent Hill Movie

K

kajin_phoenixlord

What are you thought about the upcoming Silent Hill Movie? I never really got into the Silent Hills series (mostly because I never had the nerve for it), but it has always been interesting. I saw 2 seperate trailers from the movie and I like the early one better. I seemed to stay true to the game a lot better. I just hope it doesn't end up like most movies based on games.

Sephy

Forum Drifter
Well, given what usually happens, I have to say this movie will suck and that it won't live up to the game.

Now for what I hope: This movie is going to rock! I saw the trailer and it looks like it's going to kick ass. I can't wait.

Vegito728

Registered Member
Ya it will most likely suck it's based on a video game lol. I have never played any of the games and will probably not see it until it comes out on video.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
It's got a major disadvantage just being a video game movie. Personally, I think it's going to fail hard. Mainly because it looks like Resident Evil did. Everyone who knew this series was like, "This movie is going to kick ass!" When in fact all it did was take it in the ass. It looks good enough to the point where it's going to suck.

J

JaceNoodles

two little words. Uwe Boll.
This man has singlehandedly destroyed the video-game-movie genre. And will keep doing it until he's either put out of business or has a freek accident where a cameraman who actually played the game loses control of his camera, thereby crushing Boll.

C

CarrieHikari

Sephy said:
Well, given what usually happens, I have to say this movie will suck and that it won't live up to the game.

Now for what I hope: This movie is going to rock! I saw the trailer and it looks like it's going to kick ass. I can't wait.
I hope the movie doesn't stink, but I sort of agree with the whole thing about the movie not living up to the game.

M

Masakado

Not all video game movies sucked, I liked the RE ones, but yes most of them do suck. Alone in the Dark is a very good example of how bad they can become O.O

For Silent Hill, I havent actually looked into it, but I hope it's gonna be good. Either way I know I'll end up watching it.

Kos4Evr

Registered Member
Resindent Evil was a travesty as a movie because it had so little to do with the game. Silent Hill was an intense and nerve wracking experience and the trailers for the movie tend to show this very well.

Also, I looked it up and Uwe Boll is not the director of Silent Hill. The director listed for this movie is Christophe Gans.

Italiano

Film Elitist
I haven't had a chance to play any of the silent hill games unfortunately, but I have briefly witnessed them played.

I think this movie does have potential. I think deviating from the original video game storyline would downgrade it.

But that's only half of it. It also depend on how well-made it is, in terms of how well it keeps the audience interested in the storyline and the feeling of suspense it delivers to the audience.

I spoke with a couple of friends of mine and they agree that the upcoming Silent Hill flick could be worth seeing in theaters, but I'd probably have to look into it a bit more.

B

Blitz

Has anyone watched this yet? I saw the commercials just now and it looks awesome!

I wonder why they changed the main char into a female, hmm. Still looks cool though, hope it's as scary as the first game.