..*sigh* I hate stupid people.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
According to the police, during the interrogation the teenager did not show any sign of mental illness. Moreover, he confessed of killing and robbing the taxi driver due to video game obsession. It is worth mentioning that Polwat Chino was a fanatical player of "Grand Theft Auto". Nevertheless his parents described the teenager as polite and hard-working.

"He said he wanted to find out if it was as easy in real life to rob a taxi as it was in the game," said Veeravit Pipattanasak, chief police investigator.
The kid killed a taxi driver because he wanted to see if it was as easy to achieve as it was in the game. That's it. He killed a man to see if it was easy. Apparently this happened in Bangkok, Thailand.

I don't understand how someone can become so disconnected with reality. It's not exactly hard to tell the difference between real life and the fantasy world of Grand Theft Auto. There's a clearly defined line.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Wow, I really hope he isn't let off the hook. He killed somebody, plain and simple. He should either be in jail for the rest of his life or executed. An example must be made out of him.

I have no pity for him and his "I just wanted to see if it was as easy as the game makes it seem" plea. So that's his reason? Fine by me. Killing somebody is killing somebody. Tell the guy that he killed why he did it. See if he cares.

This kid needs to rot in jail for the rest of his life or be executed. This kind of behavior simply cannot be tolerated or excused by any means in a society.

Apparently he says the killing was an accident. So yes, it really is that easy to kill a cab driver. But he wanted to know about the theft, not the murder. Article title is very misleading

Nevertheless his parents described the teenager as polite and hard-working.
I lol'd, did you? :lol:

This better not bring up the debate that video games are bad and nobody should be playing these mature, shoot um' up type games again. Ugh... Where's Jack Thompson? -_-;

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well in this case you have to admit it truly was the videogames that inspired him to kill. He even said it was. There's really no arguing the fact that IN THIS PARTICULAR CASE videogames are to blame.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Apparently he says the killing was an accident.
Some accident. The kid even said that he wanted to stab him to take the cab, he just didn't plan for the guy to die. I think it's kind of obvious that stabbing someone usually = death. No matter how you argue it he stabbed the guy, the guy died, and he stole the cab.

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
Ya... I kinda cut back on my video game intake when I actually thought about shooting out a light bulb to turn it off after playing Splinter Cell...

Italiano

Film Elitist
Well in this case you have to admit it truly was the videogames that inspired him to kill. He even said it was. There's really no arguing the fact that IN THIS PARTICULAR CASE videogames are to blame.
I disagree. The parents are to blame. When your son/daughter has the curiosity to try and reenact something he saw in a video game then there's something wrong with them.

Parents need to make their kids understand video games, television, and movies for what they really are: entertainment.

If a teenager does something like this and the parents didn't catch wind of this or saw any warning signs, then they aren't paying enough attention to the kid.