Sick Babies

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kromsales, Apr 27, 2005.

1. kromsales

kromsales Registered Member

I hate when the kids get sick :( My youngest Emily is 1. She was up ALL night with high fever :( It broke this morning and she finally was able to get about 2 hours of sleep. I wish I could be sick for her :(

2. SamusAran86

SamusAran86 Registered Member

That always sucks, especially when they are that little.

Hopefully you'll be able to get some sleep.

3. kromsales

Not too worried about me I am used to sleeping little. But she is exhausted. She took a 2 hour nap but her eyes are so tired looking :( Hopefully tonight will be better for her.

4. Marys454BB

Marys454BB Premium Member

Oh I know what you mean! I used to hate when my kids were that young & got sick. I still worry about fevers when they get them even though it doesn't seem to bother them!
    I end up staying up all night just to keep checking in on them.

5. Msbabedoll

Msbabedoll Registered Member

I have been lucky lately (knock on wood) My little one hasn't been sick like that in a good while. But I know how you feel.......you just want to take the hurt away!

My daughter.......I had to take her about three weeks ago to the doc because she was running down the stairs at school and tripped over her flip flop and went head over heals down the stairs! SHe had a knot on her head for two weeks and we thought she broke her hand. Turned out to be just bruised really bad!

6. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

I agreee, there is nothing worse than a sick child no matter the age. I hope Emily gets better quickly! I had quite a scare myself 3 weeks ago! The secretary at my daughters school called me at work and said "Samantha has passed out, the ambulance is on its way" To make a long story short, she was awake when I got there (in record time) and doing okay. The medics took all her vitals and she was fine. When I took her to her pediatrician, she said it is actually common in girls this age (8) and older due to not getting enough complex carbs in the morning. It was definately a scary moment for me though!

7. Nanner

Nanner Registered Member

Ick! Yuck I hate that too! Poor baby :( Especially when they are that little and don't know why they feel so bad :( Mine (3) I think is getting a cold....frog in her throat and asking for "tissue please" a lot today. Oh joy and we leave on vacation in a little over a week. Soooo of course if she has a cold it will come to me or hubby first and then we'll share with each other.

Glad to hear your little Emily is better today and hope it's a quick recovery!

Now Mommy......try to sneek in a little nap today!

YIKES! Scary! Never heard of this but something to stick in my (limited space) memory bank and pull it out in about 5 years.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2005
  8. kromsales

Thanks to everyone! She is much better today. I am going to have to take her in. I think she has allergies. Her eyes where very itchy all day and looked awful. But at least fever is gone and she is eating agian :)