Siblings?!

Discussion in 'Advice Board' started by EasySkanking, Aug 18, 2010.

1. EasySkanking

EasySkanking Registered Member

Are all siblings disrespectful to each other?!

I have an older brother... and we are in the house alone most of the day.
    We have strict rules about chores and things... I have to wash the dishes, do the laundry and generally tidy up everyday. If i dont do it i dont get my weekly allowance.
    However, my brother does NOTHING! and yet my parents will bail him out from anything, any debt he has or anything he needs he will get.

He talks to my parents like they are complete sh*t sometimes, but all he'll get is a few words of "dont talk to me like that".
    He treats me like a piece of sh*t aswell.
    He just called me names which to be honest i dont think are appropriate to even repeat... all because there was some pasta in the plughole in the sink. He proper kicked off and was like 'this is why i never wash the pots, cus you're a f***** tramp who cant even clean up after youself cus youre a retarded ****' etc etc.

Now hes being a complete idiot and is just abusing me and everything about me. Id like to blame the possible drug deprivation hes suffering cus of his lack of money, but to be honest hes been an insensitive little brat since i can remember.

Ive told my mum several times, cus i get kind of scared cus when he flips he goes mental. She then says 'oh be civil to each other' and thats the end of it.

What can i do? I cant ignore it cus hes in my face and will go out of his way to be.
    Are all siblings like this?! hes 19 btw.

2. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

set up a camera and tape it. he's technically an adult now at 19 so there is not much you can do about that nor your parents for that matter unless you want to press charges. dunno how old you are but you also have the option to move out.

3. EasySkanking

EasySkanking Registered Member

im not old enough to move out so thats not an option. I try to avoid him, i plan everyday so that im not around when he gets home but its my house so its kinda hard to avoid.

4. Bubbles

Bubbles I ♥ Haters

Yeah ignoring him is kinda hard since you're living in the same house. I'm not a psychologist or anything but I think you're brother may have anger management issues. My friend's brother is like this too, he's always flipping out on her, but he never back-talks to his parents.

And to answer your second question. I don't think all siblings are like this, because my brothers are pretty mellow. Well, the older one is anyways, the younger one's kind of an ass.

5. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

I was and am in a similar situation. I am currently 19 and my brother is 30 and still living at home.

The only thing you can really do is tape him doing something like that and either inform the authorities or tell your parents that if they don't start handling him then you will inform the authorities.

6. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

I'm always kinda amazed when I hear/read stories like this, it seems so foreign to me. I never dreamed of treating my family like this especially my parents and even if I did, my dad would have knocked the crap out of me.

I agree with the taping of his behavior, it doesn't seem like you have many other options.

7. Zappa

Zappa Registered Member

If it was me, I would be getting out of the house as much as possible. After school activities, friends houses, sports, anything. Staying in the same house with one person for long extended periods of time never ends well, family or not.