• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

SI: Top 25 most hated teams of all-time

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mu...1007/most.hated.teams.all.time/content.1.html

The oddest was the '72 A's. Were they really hated by fans of the game? I've never got that sense from the histories I've read that they were. They hated themselves and their owner.

One notable team missing from that list the '85 Bears. For as many people as loved them, there were as many people at the time who thought they were a bunch of classless clowns.

I'm surprised that the Leafs made the list. Yes, a lot of teams hated that team, but they don't deserve to be in the top 25 in my opinion.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

dDave

V.I.P.
It's no surprise to see the Yankees, Patriots, Duke, Notre Dame, or the Heat on that list. Quite honestly I think it's shocking that the Lakers didn't make the list, wherever the Lakers play on the road you always hear the crowd chanting "Beat L.A.!" Most teams don't have a chant specifically against them. Plus everyone who isn't a fan hates them.

And then there's the 2004 Olympic Basketball team. :lol: How many of these teams can LeBron be on?

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
The Miami Heat of this year should be way higher than they were. There's no way they were less hated than the Trailblazers of '01.

I'm surprised no Ohio State teams made the list. Or 2009 Florida Gators.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
And then there's the 2004 Olympic Basketball team. :lol: How many of these teams can LeBron be on?
I know, right?:lol:

I'm surprised the Lakers aren't on there as well. They've always been pretty hated, more so than the Trail Blazers.

The '85 Bears had Walter so it was hard to hate the whole team. I rooted for them because I wanted him to win a ring.

I agree the Heat should be much higher.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
Well, if only one soccer team is going to make the list, who other than Man U. I'd say this list is fair just for that. :lol:

dDave

V.I.P.
I know, right?:lol:

I'm surprised the Lakers aren't on there as well. They've always been pretty hated, more so than the Trail Blazers.

The '85 Bears had Walter so it was hard to hate the whole team. I rooted for them because I wanted him to win a ring.

I agree the Heat should be much higher.
Yeah I know, the Lakers are probably one of the most widely hated teams in any sport ever, they should have been on that list at least once probably during the Shaq or Magic years.

The problem with that list for me is that I don't know about a lot of those teams because I'm likely very young compared to the people that made the list. They have some really old teams up on that list.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I was surprised that the Buckeyes didn't make the list either, and I do agree that the Heat should be much higher. There were no other team that was hated in sports more this year then the Heat. People love to hate LeBron James.

I do see your point about Walter Payton CO, he was such a loveable guy, but a lot of people hated that team because of the way they carried themselves.

BigBob

Registered Member
I'd be shocked if anyone was surprised that two Miami teams got on that list. That was one of the best teams to watch in the 80s and I love going back and seeing the way they played and the "charisma" they brought to the field.