Shrinking pants

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kiwi, May 6, 2008.

1. kiwi

kiwi The Original Kiwi

So I just bought a new pair of jeans a couple months ago and they are now slightly too big. I dry them everytime I wash them, but they still don't quite fit. Anyone know how to shrink a pair of jeans?

2. Vincent_Valentine

Vincent_Valentine Studley-Do-Right

You can take a gamble and wash them in hot water, but then you can't really control how tight they get. If you have some time to invest in it, put them on and get in a bathtub filled with hot watter. When they get around where you want them, get out.

AngelsPeak likes this.
  3. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

I think The Gap actually sells jeans with instructions on how do to just that, kind of a way to get custom fit jeans for a reasonable price.
    The only problem though...after you've had them on for a few hours, they seem to go back to the previous fit anyways.

4. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

pffft if my pants were too big I'd use that as an excuse to go get a Little Debbie Double Decker Oatmeal Creme Pie

5. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

Eat some food. That's the easy way to shrink em.

6. kiwi

kiwi The Original Kiwi

I do eat.

I'm trying to decide if its worth washing them in hot water and seeing what happens. I actually have two pairs I could shrink a little. Maybe I'll just do one at a time, if the first works, I'll try the second pair.

7. LuK3

LuK3 Registered Member