• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Shrek 2

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.

Pianobone

Registered Member
Yeah, that trailer has been out for a while actually. I've seen it twice in theaters.

Pianobone

Registered Member
If the story is good it will. The first one had a delicate balance of humor, love, action, and drama. It incorporated all those things well.

starfx6464

Awesome
Well look at you, Mr. I'm-a-fancy-critic-who-can-critique!

At any rate, not sure about this whole "honeymoon-meetin'-the-parents" thing, but meh. It looks like it could be good.

/me crosses his fingers and knocks on wood.

Pianobone

Registered Member
"Ooh. Homer. Mr. Fancy french-man, saying garage."

"What do you call it, Moe?"

"It's a car-hole."

=============

I loved Shrek, but I agree about this potentially being a formula for disaster. Fortunately, they have the original voice cast back and the same good animation. I just worry about the story. I mean, the story initially came from a children's book and there wasn't ever a second one written.

Askiri

Registered Member
I really really REALLY hope this is as good as the last one.....It'd be a shame to see a movie such as Shrek go down the tubes...Soooo very sad. But the trailor did look good.

Pianobone

Registered Member
According to sources, the movie will have Shrek meeting the in-laws as well as including a side-story with Donkey. Puss-in-Boots makes an appearance, voiced by Antonio Banderas, and is supposed to try to become Shrek's new sidekick. Also, John Cleese is voicing Fiona's father, so that is a definate plus.

Teorropy

I always worry about a second movie, specialy when the first one was so good. Not many second movies out do the first. There are some, but not many. I will at least go and see it, but I don't know if it willl out do the first.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
dDave Bathroom Wall 3
Kibi Movies & TV 7
Merc Movies & TV 6