• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Showtunes

Kibi

Babeasaurus Sex
We had a few Musicals threads back in 06 apparently :)

I thought I'd get one going about favourite songs from musicals, I have loads. I find showtunes so emotive and heartfelt. I think a lot of them are up there with classics such as Bohemian Rhapsody (very strong theatre influence) Total Eclipse of The Heart etc....

So here are my absolute faves...although theres loads that I've forgotten and I'm sure I'll have to keep coming back and saying "OOOOH OOOH AND ......"

1. Send In The Clowns - A Little Night Music
  2. Everyones A Little Bit Racist - Avenue Q
  3. Whistle Down The Wind - Whistle Down The Wind
  4. I Don't Know How To Love Him - Jesus Christ Superstar
  5. Music Of The Night - Phantom Of The Opera
  6. As Long As You're Mine - Wicked
  7. The Wizard And I - Wicked
  8. I Dreamed A Dream - Les Miserables
  9. Another Suitcase In Another Hall - Evita
  10. Tonight - West Side Story
  11. Legally Blonde - Legally Blonde The Musical
  12. So Much Better - Legally Blonde The Musical
  13. Aquarius - Hair
  14. Tell Me On A Sunday - Tell Me On A Sunday]
  15. Take That Look Off Your Face - Chess
  16. Phantom Of The Opera - Phantom Of The Opera
  17. Potiphar - Joseph and his Technicolor Dreamcoat

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I've always like most of the tunes from CATS. Just from that one, these were my favorites... 1) Memory 2) Mungojerrie and Rumpleteazer (I am so naming the cats I will never have after them) 3) Mr. Mistoffelees 4) Macavity.

Kibi

Babeasaurus Sex
Macavity is awesome <3

I do like CATS :) Mungojerry and Rumpleteaser is also a great choice :)

Impact

V.I.P.
I honestly couldn't name any showtunes if I tried. I haven't watched any musicals...except Glee...does that count. I did watch a reality show about trying to find the lead for Legally Blonde the musical though.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I really dislike musicals. :p

However, the show tune that immediately comes to mind is, He Had it Coming - Chicago. I actually did like that song a lot.

Kibi

Babeasaurus Sex
I did Cell Block Tango in a show pam :) I was the innocent one...yes that means I learnt hungarian :D

I do love We Both Reached For The Gun

Chicago is epic :)

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Oh, see, I didn't even know the proper name of the song. My bad.

Do you have a video of this? Because that would be awesome to see.

Kibi

Babeasaurus Sex
hahaha I might o.0 I'm going to have to start posting my acting career aren't I ;)