Showtime Super Six tournament

Discussion in 'Boxing / MMA' started by Thunder, Jul 28, 2009.

1. Thunder

Thunder Registered Member

The first fights are in a few months like this:

Froch vs Dirrell in England

Abraham vs Taylor in Germany

Kessler vs Ward in USA

Who are you going in these fights and generally to win it?

2. Southpaw

Southpaw Registered Member

Victories for Froch, Abraham & kessler..

Froch to win it.. & I'll be very surprised if anyone agrees with me..

3. Thunder

Froch-Dirrell I see it as a 50-50 affair,both mne have what they need and also both had big flaws in their game.I believe if Dirrell has the intangibles,the mental toughness to stay there when getting hit and pressured he will win a decision,he has the speed and skills.I'm kinda leaning towards him.

Kessler-Ward I believe Kessler will win by decision or late KO.Ward hasn't really done much and he's going in against the best in Kessler and I think it will be too much for him BUT Kessler doesn't fight on the inside and Ward uses the clinch a lot so it might take a while.

Abraham-Taylor I''ll take Abraham by KO.Completely wrong style for Taylor,a guy covering up with an excellent defense along with Jermain's weak stamina will make it hard for him there.Also Abraham will be stronger at 168 and Taylor crumbles against strong guys.This one I'm the most sure.

I''ll take Kessler to win the whole thing.Can't see Froch over Kessler or Abraham.Maybe over Dirrell

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Froch vs Dirrell? 50/50. if dirrell can box froch for 12 rounds and not get into a slugfest like Taylor did he will win. But that means he couldnt make any mistakes for 12 rounds.... easier said than done

Taylor is going to lose. . He gets to aggresive and makes himself vulnerable. he already leaves his hands too low as it is. Mix that with adrenaline and fatigue, you got a fighter who gets knocked out in the middle of winning a fight!!

I like andre ward but he must of got the short end of the stick on this one. kessler can box inside outside and he is strong. For Ward to stand a chance he will have to be on his wheels all night! I mean all night! He switches stances that may help him keep kessler confused and cautious. He better watch some calzache tapes. Anyhow I would bet on kessler if I had to choose

I see Kessler and maybe Dirrell in the finals. I think Dirrel will put up a valiant effort but in the end get tko in the late rounds by a stronger pressure guy like Kessler

Kessler wins

5. Southpaw

2 years ago.. I would have picked Kessler without hesitation, but since then, he's been involved in a legal tangle with his manager, Mogens Palle.. This is a curse in boxing, & will invariably affect a fighters performance.. Seen it too many times down the years.. I think it'll end up with Froch causing an upset in the final, & being the first fighter to stop him..

6. Thunder

Yeah but Kessler will get some rounds in against unworthy mandatory Perdomo just before fighting Ward.Will shake off the rust.

The dane will be hard to beat.

7. Southpaw

I think Kessler's the better fighter, but he's past prime, where as I've got a suspicion that Froch will peak, right in the middle of this tournament...

8. Thunder

Past prime?Why?He hasn't shown anything close to that.

Just because he lost a close,competitive fight to Calzaghe doesn't mean he is past it.You said you hold Calzaghe on a high pedestal so a loss wit hhim ain't that bad.

9. Southpaw

Granted, I made a mistake on his age.. Thought he was 32 not 29.. My fault, but he's had over 40 fights with unsettlement of late.. I can only say Froch may be a lot fresher on the night.. I know I'm sticking my neck out here, but I'm convinced we've seen the best of Kess, but the best of Froch is yet to come.. I'm a firm believer in 'Every dog has it's day.'

10. Thunder

Froch is a terrible boxer.I don't give him any chance with Kessler to be honest.

Hands down,no defence,telegraphed punches,bad footwork.Kessler would knock him out IMO.I'd pick a lot of people to beat Froch,I'm not impressed woth him.
    Pascal had a wrong gameplan with him and Taylor gassed out.Not impressive.