TV Shows that did not end well?

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
What are some shows that you loved but absolutely hated the ending for?

I think one of the worst endings was King of Queens. Every episode is great up until the last two episodes. The ending was pretty bad because they just made them hate each other and almost get divorced. It was pretty cheesy and they turned Doug into an alcoholic, which is not his character. It was lame but I can ignore it and enjoy the rest of the seasons still.

Seinfeld was another. It was just over the top cheesy. It was funny at least and wasn't terrible but it was a bit on the lame side.

What about you? What shows did you really like but didn't like the way they ended them?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The one that comes to find is Roseanne. The show was amazing in my opinion, but the ending was horrible, making them millionaires was a horrible idea and it ruined the show in my opinion. It was so stupid and I couldn't watch repeats of these episodes.

A lot of people will agree with you on Seinfeld, but personally I've always been a fan of the two part series finale. It was great to see all those old characters make an appearance and talk about their relationships with the four main characters.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
The X-Files is another that just became really bad. Once David Duchovnyy left the show they should have just ended it if you ask me. I don't even know how that show ended because I stopped watching it once David left.

Robert Patrick did a great job of keeping the X-Files watchable after Duchovny left. The ending (a two-parter) was actually quite entertaining, the only thing that brought it down was the CSM and his cheesy long hair.

I loved the Seinfeld ending. We are talking about when they go to jail for not helping out the civlian, right? Pretty funny way to go out, not sure how else they would've ended that show. Nice to see something from the beginning happen again at the end.

Dawson's Creek. I am not a huge fan of endings that take place 5 years after the events of the rest of the series, almost seems like cheating to me. If you don't do large jumps during the series, don't do it at the end. Do what The Shield or The Sopranos did. Take a risk, it is so much more enjoyable.

WesJones87

RayzorBlade87
I'm going to say the US version of Life on Mars. Making them all astronauts was bad enough, but making Gene Hunt into Sam Tylers Father and calling him "Major Tom Tyler" was a tad too much.

Oooh_snap

Living on the 0th floor
V.I.P.
I would have to say Roseanne, the way it ended was brilliant, but disappointing the way that everything that happened after she got her office for her birthday was just a part of her book. They didn't really win the lottery, etc. I just kinda was disappointed it didn't really happen for them, and the last episode is sad.. but it is the only one that comes to mind

Hybrix said:
I think one of the worst endings was King of Queens. Every episode is great up until the last two episodes. The ending was pretty bad because they just made them hate each other and almost get divorced. It was pretty cheesy and they turned Doug into an alcoholic, which is not his character. It was lame but I can ignore it and enjoy the rest of the seasons still.
Hold on, that's how it ended of all ways? What kinda half-assed out-of-character ending is that?

Forgive me for this GF but the series finale to The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air was not one I was that big a fan of. The rest of the show was awesome and I wanted it to end with like a graduation or something but not them just flat-out selling the house.

DLFerguson

Registered Member
I loved the Seinfeld ending. We are talking about when they go to jail for not helping out the civlian, right? Pretty funny way to go out, not sure how else they would've ended that show
Jerry is offered his own talk show out in Hollywood. He decides to leave New York and his friends are heartbroken. Jerry and Elaine talk and decide that they're never going to find anybody else that will put up with them and their eccentricities and so they get married.

Jerry signs over the lease to his apartment to Kramer who is ecstatic and vows to keep it looking the exact way in case Jerry ever wants to come back to it. While all this is going on, George discovers that he actually was adopted and goes on a search for his real parents and find out that he is the long-lost heir to the Vandelay latex fortune. He was snatched out of his stroller by Estelle Costanzo who, not being able to have children of her own was on the prowl looking for a child to steal. George just didn't pick the "Art Vandelay" alias he sometimes uses at random. He dimly remembered it as being his own real name.

George is recognized as Art Vandelay and inherits the family mansion and fortune so that he never has to work or see his parents again as they go to jail. Kramer has Jerry's apartment. Jerry and Elaine fly off to Hollywood and the series ends with everybody at last getting what they always wanted

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
That would be a good ending Ferg, I especially like the storyline you gave George. I always loved the Art Vandelay episode. I wish they would of used it more.

But like I mentioned, I think the ending of Seinfeld was pretty entertaining.