• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

TV Shows canceled too soon?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
One of the cruel things about getting attached to a television show is the fact that at any moment it can end prematurely, without a proper conclusion, simply because it doesn't attract enough viewers.

What shows do you believe got canceled too soon?

BigBob

Registered Member
Flash Forward, for sure.

It was one of the only shows that I ever got hooked to on prime time TV, and was cancelled after one season.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Firefly was one of the lamest things I've ever seen in my life.

The Sarah Connor Chronicles could have been given a bit more life though, that was a decent show.

ATARIGUY

Beermister
OK time to travel back in the days when I grew up. . . . . . .

I think shows like Hogan's Heroes, Sanford & Son, Chico & The Man, Petticoat Junction didn't have a final episode and should have, I have more shows to post later

Konshentz

Konshentz
I have an incredibly long list of shows I was disappointed to see get cancelled.

I'll just list the first two that came to mind.

Kitchen Confidential & Breakout Kings. Two entertaining shows that deserved another couple of seasons... at least.

shelgarr

Registered Member
New Adventures of Old Christine

dDave

V.I.P.
I'm sure that people will disagree with me here.

Terra Nova

Seriously, this show was decent at the beginning of the first season and it really started to expand into something far better than I was expecting. I feel as if it was cancelled right when it reached a really high level of entertainment. I was really sad to see the show go after the first season, I would have loved to see the entire story unfold. I realize that each episode was fairly expensive, but it was as great show nonetheless.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I really liked a show created by ABC called "Kevin Hill", it ran for one season and then got cancelled with no real reason behind it. It may not have been perfect but it was in my opinion funny and had strong characters and story lines.

I would also say that same for "Commander in Chief", with a cast like Donald Sutherland, Geena Davis, Harry Lennix & Ever Carradine there is no reason so far as I can tell why this should not have continued, it was a show that was great to watch, it may not have been The West Wing but it was good.
------
Flash Forward, for sure.

It was one of the only shows that I ever got hooked to on prime time TV, and was cancelled after one season.
I know that came to the UK on channel 4 but it never seemed to get that much advert time and unless you knew exactly when it was on it was difficult to know when it was on tv.

Last edited:

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I'm sure that people will disagree with me here.

Terra Nova

Seriously, this show was decent at the beginning of the first season and it really started to expand into something far better than I was expecting. I feel as if it was cancelled right when it reached a really high level of entertainment. I was really sad to see the show go after the first season, I would have loved to see the entire story unfold. I realize that each episode was fairly expensive, but it was as great show nonetheless.
I didn't mind it either. It got canned as just being like an "Avatar" TV show, but I still liked it.