Show or Hide

Discussion in 'Dating & Relationships' started by EllyDicious, Feb 14, 2010.

1. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

-Are you the type to show your feelings right away to someone you care about?
    Or you're the type to hold your feelings for a while and see if the other person makes the move?

-What type you like on the other hand? Someone to show or hide feelings right away?
    -What turns you off in the way someone shows their feelings for you?

2. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

Hold back, always. Fear of rejection I suppose, or if I'm friends with them already then I don't want to ruin that. I'm not in any rush to be in a relationship right now so if I did have feelings for anyone then I most likely wouldn't let them know about it directly.

In general, I don't like it when people are blunt because it's awkward if you don't feel the same. And also, I tend to go off people when they are too forward, even if I liked them before. Don't know why, it's kind of annoying but oh well.

I'm guessing you don't mean in a platonic way since you said 'makes the move'.. I have no problem telling friends I care about them, not that the subject ever really arises.

3. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

I'm always very wary so I don't show anything until I know for sure how the other person feels.

I think if people show their feelings too soon it just can't be real and is somewhat stalkerish in my opinion.

4. storm_ina_C_cup

storm_ina_C_cup Registered Member

I don't like to be smothered with sop that's for sure and I don't like insecure, clingly guys. That's always been a huge turn-off for me straight away.
    I believe in taking chances.
    I'm also the kind of person who is pretty calm, cool and collected when it comes to expressing my feelings and I won't say how I feel until I'm sure about what it is that I am feeling. I don't take love lightly and will not say "I Love You" it just for the sake of saying it or just because someone else said it to me first.

5. devnthc

devnthc Registered Member

I think I share mine more than I hide. I just think it's a bit plastic to hide them sometimes. If your shy or have anxiety it's completely different, but if your just doing it for that person... yeah.

6. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I'm the expressive type. I don't need to go overboard with it, but it's important for me to let people know whne I care about them. I'm not looking for reciprocity, but just self expression.

What type I like? Someone like me. I get turned off with hypocrites and repressed people (especially when I notice that they have so much internal suffering just to hide their feelings).

7. k3rm0r

k3rm0r Registered Member

I'm the one who show that i care, but hold back that i'm realy into ppl until some time have past

Actuly i prefer a lady who are forward. Simply cuz i ain't

8. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

Out of the two choices I'd say I lean a little bit more too the ladder in that I tend to wait and see if the other makes the move. I know being a guy that's probably frowned upon but it is what it is. I'm not really someone to go after someone that hard because I'm so laid back. That doesn't mean I'm not gonna try something but I tend to wait it out to make sure they feel the same way.

If they hide their feelings right away it would be extremely hypocrital of me to hold that against them since I tend to be the same way. I think showing feelings right away is fine and I like that a little bit because it shows initiative but there is such a thing as too much, too soon.

There's nothing wrong with being a litttle shy.

9. AeonFlux

AeonFlux I am the edge!

I tend to hold my feelings back a little...not because I'm waiting for the other person to express their feelings first, but because making myself emotionally vulnerable is difficult for me and takes some time and a lot of trust.

As far as my partner goes, I want them to express their emotions however and whenever they are ready. You can't force open the petals of a flower to make it bloom...it will open up on its own when the time is right.

10. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

I show my feelings because you never know, that person might have them back, if they don't, you simply move on. No harm done.