• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Shoutbox

Tainted_Glory

Not a Scientologist
Stick a shoutbox at the top somewhere, unless there's some sort of reason why you can't.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
We get a lot of spam, so it would have to be members-only. Also, it would have to be moderated. Andrew codes everything himself, and he's currently really busy with the forums 3.0 and there's a lot more after that.

I could see why you'd like a shoutbox, but we are a forum, you can say what you want anywhere.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
And many months later, the shoutbox makes it in! :D It's members only and it's also not available for brand new members.

I decided it would be a sweet thing to have so people can mass message other members who are online and tell them to get their butts into poker.

Also it's a fun little gimmick in itself.

dDave

V.I.P.
It's a good idea, I definitely think that this will boost the amount of players in poker.

Van

Heavy Weapons Guy
V.I.P.
Just noticed it tonight. Great idea. Should make any waiting for poker games much shorter. Better than chat in my opinion, because people will actually use this.

dmny500

Registered Member
Yeah, like the others here I think it's a great idea. I mean personally it will probably make me play poker more when I'm on here cause I'll know people are playing. So yeah I would definitely say that it was a great idea, Andrew how do you have time for all of this?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Sometimes I ask myself that, but you'll notice I wasn't in poker tonight. :)

Web development is my main job (NURV :: Never Underestimate Radical Vision) so I can usually stop in on the forums all day long while in between projects, except on the days I devote to forum development then I am on here all day coding. :D

dmny500

Registered Member
Well a day of coding sure does sound like fun :D. Yeah, it just seems like so much work cause you have so many sites and lots going on.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Van Ideas & Support 19