Should WWE show Chris Benoit...

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Ever since the Benoit incident the WWE as stopped showing anything from Chris Benoit.

Now Chris Benoit as had some of the greatest matches in the past two decades, do you believe that the WWE should start showing his matches? I'm not saying to honor the guy, but just show his accomplishments, his matches his promo's ect?

Thought and opinions?

Millz

Woof
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well, he's in the Elimination Chamber DVD which is the first time one of his matches wasn't edited out. Apparently they did edit over anything positive in his likeness but he's in the match and shown for the first time since the incidents.

I think that's about as far as I would go with it. I'm glad the realized they couldnt completely remove him from that match and only edited some verbiage about him.

With that said it has been what, 4 years? 3 years? I wonder if eventually they'll give in and decide enough time has past. Personally I say fuck him but it's hard to ignore what he meant to the WWE. In fact, I watched his IC title ladder match vs Chris Jericho from 2001 last night...just an epic match. So I could go both ways with it.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
Yeah, I agree with Millz, I don't think that the WWE wants to be associated with a child killer, but even though, it's pretty hard to ignore his accomplishments in professional wrestling. I think maybe they should do a documentary on Benoit's career and personal life, just so people could get a better idea of who he really was, but I guess that's really out of the question. I mean no one in their right mind would do what Chris Benoit did, he was obviously a very sick man.

Unity

Flawless Victory
Staff member
I think it'll be fine to show his matches, etc. sooner rather than later. Everyone knows what he did, has their own opinions, etc.

If Chris was part of a big match that has historical context, I say show it.

Chris Benoit lived and breathed pro wrestling. I do not condone what happened, but his accomplishments should at least be acknowledged. And his pending nomination to the Hall of Fame should be allowed.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I think he should be shown just as much as any other wrestler from the past. He was an amazing wrestler who died a tragic death -- even if he did kill his wife and son.

Millz

Woof
Staff member
V.I.P.
Chris Benoit lived and breathed pro wrestling. I do not condone what happened, but his accomplishments should at least be acknowledged. And his pending nomination to the Hall of Fame should be allowed.
That piece of crap is never going into the WWE Hall of Fame. If he does, I'll be done with the WWE.

I think he should be shown just as much as any other wrestler from the past. He was an amazing wrestler who died a tragic death -- even if he did kill his wife and son.
I don't agree he should be show as much as any other wrestler in the past. His circumstance is much different than anybody we've ever seen.

He's a murderer.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I think the WWE should show footage for this man. His name is hard not to mention when talking about wrestling past. He was one of the greatest wrestlers of all time and still is one of my favorite wrestlers. I hope that he is burning in Hell for what he did, but I don't think the WWE should throw away his illustrious career.

I think he should be removed from the WWE's past as much as possible. It's not like he just had a drug problem, or beat his wife, he's a piece of shit who murdered his wife and kid.