Should women be allowed to fight in combat?

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by AngelsPeak, Mar 10, 2008.

?

Should women be allowed to fight beside men in combat?

1. yes

14 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

What are your thoughts, and why?

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Hm.

Should women be allowed in combat scenarios? Part of me says yes. That part of me believes women should be given equal opportunities and that they should have the ability to defend our country too if they wanted to. Women can be just as capable as men and should not be turned away.

The other part of me however sees major problems with co-ed squads. Well, at first. I think as time passes by, there won't be so many problems with sexual tension. However, that's the only real downside I can think of.

3. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I think they should be able to if they want to, but by no means should they ever be required to. If a woman wants to fight in combat then I think she should be allowed to. If a draft situation ever came up again I think that only guys should be drafted.

As for equal rights, that argument only goes so far. They should definitely have to pass the exact same physical requirements that guys do. I say leave the bar in the exact same place for everybody. Equal rights for equal abilities.

It's definitely best if women avoided fighting in combat though. I just don't like the idea of our enemies capturing a woman and what they would potentially do to her. There are safer jobs that a woman can take that are still equally as important in our military. Not everybody has to be a combat soldier.

4. MenInTights

MenInTights not a plastic bag

I've talked to guys on Navy ships that were very much against women joining and are now very pleased. They told me the women bring a level of organization and color the ships that a group of men can't. I'm still unsure about having women on the front line.

5. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

IF I'm fighting I want the best possible soldier next to me. It doesn't matter they're a male or a female.

6. Plantation_Boy

Plantation_Boy Registered Member

Scuba's right if they are a good soldier than sure why not.

7. fleinn

fleinn 101010

The year is 2008. And people talk about "allowing" women to do something.. x_X

8. Steerpike

Steerpike Registered Member

The question "Should women be allowed to fight in combat?" has the implicit assumption that someone (men) have the right to deny them that, they (men) don't have that right.

9. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

Yet women are still not on the front line, so someone is denying them that right.
    Now, how about you actually answer the original question instead of throwing your usual "I don't want to get personally involved" answer into a thread.
    ------
    Until women are equal to men in every way, the conversation will continue.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2008
  10. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

Sure. I think that is a woman wants to fight, then let her. We should be proud to have women fight for our country if they so choose.

As for the draft? Eh... I'm not so sure. Part of me says that women should be drafted just the same as men, but another part of me says that only men should be drafted.