Should women be allowed in the military?

Should women be allowed in the military?

• Total voters

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Do you believe females should be allowed in the military, in fighting roles?

I personally believe they deserve all the right to be in the military, a lot of people will say that they only belong in support roles and not the front line, but I disagree. They have the right just like men do.

I read that a lot of women did fairly well in the Second World War, so I don't see why they should prevent them.

Thoughts?

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
There were no women fighting in WW2, they were to busy working in the factories and hospitals......

Yes, I believe if a man can willingly put his life on the line for his country, a woman should have the same privilage.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't have time to do a quick research here, but here is what I found in short notice.

More than 1,000 women served as pilots associated with the US Air Force in the WASP (Women Airforce Service Pilots) but were considered civil service workers, and weren't recognized for their military service until the 1970s. Britain and the Soviet Union also used significant numbers of women pilots to support their air forces.
Women and World War II - Women and the Military

Yes, I believe if a man can willingly put his life on the line for his country, a woman should have the same privilage.
I saw the thread title and came in to post this exact same thing. Mag beat me to it. Haha. But of course women should be able to be in the Military, in fighting roles. My sister is Marine but thank Jebus she won't be in harms way, at least for the most part.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I really don't think there is an easy yes or no answer. Let's be honest, for the very large part men are physically stronger than women. I've never been in combat and thus don't know what it is like to have to rely on and put my life in another's hands and vice versa. My head wants to say yes of course but if someone like Wade for example felt differently and explained his reasons I would defer to someone like him.

Ilus_Unistus

Registered Member
There were no women fighting in WW2, they were to busy working in the factories and hospitals......

You are incorrect. Russia had 100's of women pilots who in fact turned the tide of the Luftwaffe in Russia. The Germans called these women Night Witches and until the employ of these woman the Luftwaffe dominated Russia in the air. Some were used as recon only but I think if I do not mistake women had over 300 confirmed kills over the Luftwaffe.

Also in places like Estonia, Poland and other countries, women took arms to defend their lives from the Nazi's.

Last edited:

Shwa

Gay As Fuck
V.I.P.
If women wanna vote and work and not be house wives, and they wanna get down and dirty with the other boys then I say let them fight. Surprisingly, they are much more adaptive in Military settings than natural civilian life, the ones who pass at least. We always learned in the Marines never to take a woman for granted/underestimate them, maily because they're much more deadly than they appear.

I can at least vouch for the Marines, because by the end of training we're all ready to kill anything walking on two legs. Not sure about the other services, but I approve of the idea to let females fight in the armed services and be in active combat. It's what they're trained for anyways.

~Shwa