• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Should Undertaker Turn Heel again???

It's almost tradition for Taker to be a willing heel with each rebirth. Lets look at history...

When Taker debut he was a heel until he stopped Jake Roberts from attacking Miss Elizabeth. Then pretty much stayed face for a while. Yes I know Taker went through his black and purple era as a face only, but Taker didn't have a real rebirth transitioning between black and purple and his pre/early ministry Taker attire, he just changed. So technically he didn't have another rebirth until he lost the buried alive match with Austin at Rock Bottom.

Then of course we all know Takers Ministry Era...he was a Heel the entire time, then he stepped away for sometime and returned as a Biker. Now here kinda balances out Ministry Taker's era. Taker's first part as the ABA was purely Face.

Then Taker turned Heel again, until he showed Jeff Hardy respect for still standing after Taker's beat-down. Then he stayed face through the rest of his Big Evil era. Then Taker's Deadman return...His returning match wasn't all that good, but the energy of the crowd made the match watchable.

Yea I know Taker was a Heel with Paul Heyman, but that was a forced heel. But right after Taker buried Paul Bearer, he went back to face, and has been ever since. So technically Taker hasn't been a True Heel since before he showed Jeff Hardy respect as Big Evil. Unless I'm missing or forgetting something, if so someone please point that out to me...Thanks!

So I go back to my original question...Should Undertaker Turn Heel again? You know one more time before he retires. Because we all know that's not too far from now, he's my favorite and always has been, and all of you who know me can agree. lol

Hell I wouldn't even mind seeing another transition between the dark and biker Taker again. Like here YouTube - Undertaker & Big Show Interview 6/9/99

He could grow his goatee long again, keep his long hair, dress like ABA...and still be semi-dark, and could even come out on the bike again, and be heel one more time before he has to call it quits.

I mean lets be honest, he's not in the best of shape anymore, he takes tons of time off for nagging and newer injuries every year. It really started going downhill at the WM against Batista where he tore his right Bicep. After that it just seemed year after year he took more and more time off. So it would be nice to see the man go back and be a Heel one more time...Everyone's thoughts???

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
No. He needs to retire as a face. Period. His body is falling apart and his career is almost over. He won't be a heel anymore.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah, I'm going to say no as well. Unless something changes I think this Wrestlemania will be his last 'Mania and he's not going to retire as a heel.

If they were going to do it they should have done it a couple years ago. I think it's too late now.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I think they'll let him get to 20-0 then retire. I doubt they'll let it just be 19.
I concur, I am pretty sure The Undertaker will retire at WM 28 and be 20-0, but I doubt he will turn heel ever again. I don't really see the point of him turning heel. When he is active, the WWE barely uses him and I don't really see if they barely use him to turn him heel. If he turns heel he would need to work full time again and I doubt he wants to do that.

I concur, I am pretty sure The Undertaker will retire at WM 28 and be 20-0, but I doubt he will turn heel ever again. I don't really see the point of him turning heel. When he is active, the WWE barely uses him and I don't really see if they barely use him to turn him heel. If he turns heel he would need to work full time again and I doubt he wants to do that.
You got a point, it was just a thought. I miss the Heel Taker anyway, I always found he's a superstar who works better as a Heel than a Face. Kinda like Orton and Triple H. Even though he could rest on the fence between the two and it would still work. lol

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
You got a point, it was just a thought. I miss the Heel Taker anyway, I always found he's a superstar who works better as a Heel than a Face. Kinda like Orton and Triple H. Even though he could rest on the fence between the two and it would still work. lol
:lol: Then he would be a Kane like character.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I agree with what most have said about the prospect of his turning heel...he's too close to retirement and too over to do it.

As far as 20-0, it would make logical sense to quit at that point. I just wonder if I he can make it. I say it would be a 50/50 shot that he can do 20-0 (and retire right after) or that he'd retire before because he's just so damn beat up.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I agree with what most have said about the prospect of his turning heel...he's too close to retirement and too over to do it.

As far as 20-0, it would make logical sense to quit at that point. I just wonder if I he can make it. I say it would be a 50/50 shot that he can do 20-0 (and retire right after) or that he'd retire before because he's just so damn beat up.
I doubt he can make 20-0. He can retire with 19-0 and STILL have his legacy. One more won't make it a big deal.

If he does retire after 20-0, it would only seem right if he came out on RAW not SD, yea he's been on SD for MANY years now, but Taker is now the ONLY active WWE superstar who was in the first episode of RAW. It was HBK, but now he's gone. There's a video online from a dark match between Triple H and Taker where Hunter tells him their apart of a dieing breed and their all that's left...I agree and after the next year and a half or so Triple H will be the last of that dieing breed.