Should Tiger make the Ryder Cup?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Tiger didn't rank high enough to make the Ryder Cup, but the Captain of the US team can still bring him on board. Pavin as said that he's currently high on his list.

Do you believe he should be on this team after a terrible year?

I know he's never played well in the Ryder Cup, but do you believe his past accomplishments as a Pro player make him a shoe in on this team?

Thoughts?

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
It's up to Corey Pavin, really. Based on Ryder Cup experience and past success, yes, Tiger should be a captain's pick. Based on who's playing the best golf right now, no. There are other guys who are playing better. Another thing to consider is team chemistry. Tiger could end up being a huge distraction for the rest of the team.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Pavin as to look at players that gives his team the best chance to win. Tiger didn't play all that well in the PGA Championship, but he did make improvements from his previous tournament. I believe that he should be selected, not because I'm a huge Tiger fan but because he's still one of the elite players in this game.

I understand where you're coming from when you talk about distraction, not only will he have the media asking him about his struggles, they'll also ask some of his teammates about wether he belongs on this team or not.

It will be a big risk to take, but it's something that you have to do in my opinion.