• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Should the WWE have Money in the Bank match at Wrestlemania?

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
Simple question here. Or maybe not. Money in the Bank ppv is in July. If they have one at Wrestlemania we will witness 3 MITB matches in a matter of months. Would this be a good move?

Thoughts?

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
My answer is probably short and to the point, but no. There's a PPV after the event, which gives it more prominence. It doesn't need to be featured at Wrestlemania anymore...in my eyes, that gives time for more prominent feud builds and mid-card title matches, instead of throwing a bunch of guys into MiTB randomly.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Eh, I'm torn. I think it's become a tradition at Wrestlemania and I'd almost prefer it on that show only because it allows for more wrestlers to get on the biggest show of the year. A lot of those guys wouldn't get on the show if not for the MITB Ladder match.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I much rather have it at Wrestlemania, and Wrestlemania only. It started there and it was very unique at first. I don't like how it has it's own Pay Per View, it takes away from the match itself. It was one of my favorite speculations match, but not anymore since we have it more then once a year. It was way better when we had it once in a calander year because now you have to many briefcases handed out.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I much rather have it at Wrestlemania, and Wrestlemania only. It started there and it was very unique at first. I don't like how it has it's own Pay Per View, it takes away from the match itself. It was one of my favorite speculations match, but not anymore since we have it more then once a year. It was way better when we had it once in a calander year because now you have to many briefcases handed out.
My guess is that it will only be at its own PPV this year; are two briefcases too many for you, still?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
It would be stupid for them to remove it from Wrestlemania and I'll be extremely disappointed if that does end up happening. It started at Wrestlemania and it should stay there. It brings a lot of excitement to the best/most exciting Pay Per View of the year.

And yes, I do believe two briefcases a year is to much. Like I said, this was unique you had one wrestler a year getting an oppurtunity to get a title shot. Now with three(possible two now) winners now, it's not all that unique anymore.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
It would be stupid for them to remove it from Wrestlemania and I'll be extremely disappointed if that does end up happening. It started at Wrestlemania and it should stay there. It brings a lot of excitement to the best/most exciting Pay Per View of the year.

And yes, I do believe two briefcases a year is to much. Like I said, this was unique you had one wrestler a year getting an oppurtunity to get a title shot. Now with three(possible two now) winners now, it's not all that unique anymore.
On your first point, I just can't see any logic at all in keeping the match at WM when it has its own PPV. I thought, from the beginning, that the creation of its own PPV was a way to move it away from the grandest stage of them all.

I'm fine with one winner per brand, but if you kept it at WM and at MiTB, 3 winners would be over the top for me.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
One or the other has to go, in my opinion, and I will go with the WM match. Honestly, having 3 briefcases is indeed too much (like Unity said) and 2 is just the right number (given they are cashed in far enough apart).

Eliminating the MitB match from WM would add more feuds (like Unity said). Could make WM that much better.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Eliminating the MitB match from WM would add more feuds (like Unity said). Could make WM that much better.
That's one of the most important parts for me, personally. It's tough to weigh having more guys on the card vs. more meaningful feuds, but I'll go with the feuds and mid-card titles every time.

I'm tired of seeing a month of random MiTB qualifiers, and after that a month of tag team matches and random other types of matches between the participants.

Let's get some stories going this year, and let Kofi and Daniel Bryan (if they're the champs at the time) make the belts prestigious again in terms of PPV defense.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I have been debating with myself with this question for quite some time now, and personally I would like to have MITB at Wrestlmania and just get rid of the MITB PPV. If they have MITB at WM and a MITB PPV we could potentially have 3 Money in the Bank carriers after July. That to me doesn't make sense. I either say get rid of the MITB concept PPV or remove the Bragging Rights PPV and put MITB there. That way these matches would be seperated far apart. Now with the midcard feuds, the WWE has all year to create feuds for the midcarders but they just don't do it. Removing one match is not going to create a good feud for Bryan or Kingston or any other midcarder. If they do a feud with them all they need is 15 minutes of a 4 hour show to show off their talent. Getting rid of MITB would be dumb and the WWE should consider pushing back their MITB ppv or just getting rid of it.

Last edited: