• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Should the WWE form a Samoan stable?

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
With the newest tag team (sons of Rikishi, managed by a daughter of Jimmy Snuka) hitting the WWE scene, should the WWE capitalize on this family heritage and bring in others? It's too early to tell if this team can dominate, but we're just talking about a hypothetical "building up" of this group.

I can think of three members to possibly add: Sim Snuka (aka Deuce), Rikishi, and Manu (Afa, Jr.). I personally think Sim and Manu had some untapped potential and could have gone a little further given the right environment - could this be that environment? Also, those who saw Rikishi in TNA recently know that he can still wrestle well enough, and would play a great role as "mentor/manager" to the group.

Just a hypothetical situation that probably will never happen, but hey, Vince must've read my "make Randy Orton a face" posts on here right?! :lol:

Discuss.

Anthony1975

Registered Member
It wouldn't be a bad idea that though I reckon Rikishi or Fatu whatever you want to call him would in my opinion be better in a managerial capacity.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I would love to see that, but the WWE is already congested enough. It would be awesome to see any of the old Samoans return. The Rock as a one night manager? That would be cool.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
It wouldn't be a bad idea that though I reckon Rikishi or Fatu whatever you want to call him would in my opinion be better in a managerial capacity.
That was my thought as well. Bring in one of the singles wrestlers (not sure if Deuce or Manu would be better...I tend to see Manu fitting in better, but Deuce IS a Snuka), and you've got a singles guy, a tag team, a woman, and an awesome manager/occasional wrestler.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
This family has had so many people in the wrestling business at one point or another and it shocks me they've never thought to do something like this before. The Uso's mentioned their heritage vs the Harts family so if there was ever a time to do it NOW would be the time.

Its a shame Umaga passed on because he would have fit in nicely. I think Rikishi as a manager for his kids would be great. He could wrestle on occasion. Why not bring back Sim Snuka, at least? He'd fit in perfectly. I mean unless they really see zero potential in those guys I don't see why they wouldnt put em all together.

They would dominate.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
This family has had so many people in the wrestling business at one point or another and it shocks me they've never thought to do something like this before. The Uso's mentioned their heritage vs the Harts family so if there was ever a time to do it NOW would be the time.

Its a shame Umaga passed on because he would have fit in nicely. I think Rikishi as a manager for his kids would be great. He could wrestle on occasion. Why not bring back Sim Snuka, at least? He'd fit in perfectly. I mean unless they really see zero potential in those guys I don't see why they wouldnt put em all together.

They would dominate.
I was thinking of that first point RIGHT before I read this, haha! We've had Canadian stables, UnAmerican stables, even French Canadian stables! Time to capitalize on the Samoan wrestling heritage.

I still can't decide if I'd like Sim or Manu better in the stable! I guess I'd prefer both, but couldn't happen.

I didn't think of Umaga, though! RIP. He was great, would have been an excellent world champion and could have led this hypothetical stable to greatness!

Great100

Registered Member
I wasn't aware of any of these Samoan wrestlers. Them being in a stable would be an awesome thing in my opinion.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I wasn't aware of any of these Samoan wrestlers. Them being in a stable would be an awesome thing in my opinion.
Well this came about because of a new Samoan tag team, which consists of the sons of former WWE wrestler Rikishi. The young lady that manages them is the daughter of Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka.

The people we're talking about returning for a stable are

Deuce/Sim Snuka - Used to be in the "Deuce 'n Domino," tag team. Was a part of the early version of Legacy for a while.

Manu/Afa, Jr. - Son of 1/2 of the famous Wild Samoans tag team. Same as Sim, he was in Legacy for a short while when Ted DiBiase, Jr. was injured.

Rikishi/Eddie Fatu - I'm sure you know him.

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
It would be AWESOME...I'm really liking this whole family heritage stuff. The Samoan Heritage vs The Hart family dynasty. This story spells EPIC WIN! HEHE!

No idea why Mcmahon hasn't done this already, probably due to timing. Might as well do it now.