Nintendo Should the Wii have a Hard Drive?

Turbo

Registered Member
Nintendo has said that they aren't intending to make a hard drive for the Wii, but I personally feel that it should. With all the Virtual Console games; which can't be switched the an SD Card to save memory; along with the regular games that the memory on the Wii seems small.

I think that Nintendo should think about a Hard Drive for the Wii just so there's never an issue of "what do I delete to make room?"

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Not to mention HD capabilities.. but they did manage to keep the price down by leaving HD out. Even so, I'd rather pay more and have HD.. Why not just make the Wii analog and even cheaper.. At some point it's not worth saving on costs and HD was something that should have been added also.

Turbo

Registered Member
i'd say both Mal...detachable for those who already own a Wii or are unsure if they'll need it and built-in for newer models.

JjCrazyboy

Registered Member
They just need to get an external one out for those of us who care. I would like one so that we can have downloadable content for games and maybe some demos to download as well but nintendo is very weird about certain things.

Turbo

Registered Member
well the new smash bros is gonna have a create-a-level feature that people will be able to upload and download....perhaps smash bros online content is a test of whether or not the Wii truly needs an external hard drive

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
Nintendo seems to be doing well with memory cards, it certainly makes it easier to use your files on a friends wii and it makes it easier to back up your files, I don't think that an internal hard drive is the way to go with the Wii memory cards are just too good. Maybe if they did an internal hard drive and memory cards (obviously the memory cards being optional) then it would be good but memory cards are a necessity as far as I'm concerned. Hopefully on the Wii there won't be a file limit like there was on the Gamecube, for instance you were only allowed to have 3 windwaker files per memory card, they should have made it infinite as long as your memory card could support it.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
Not to mention HD capabilities.. but they did manage to keep the price down by leaving HD out. Even so, I'd rather pay more and have HD.. Why not just make the Wii analog and even cheaper.. At some point it's not worth saving on costs and HD was something that should have been added also.
Nintendo's aim wasn't to bring out a console that gives you the shiny shiny graphics the newer ones do - their aim was to create an affordable console that everyone can play, goes well with the other two consoles, and also has an innovative control system. And honestly, I think they've reached that aim admirably.

As for the HDD, I was under the impression the Wii had a small HDD already in the system. However, I think we should wait and see if there's any point in bringing out an external one for use with the Wii.

Iris

rainbow 11!
I'd say an external one. Maybe a way to put the games on there? That'd be cool so you're not carrying 15 games over to a friend's house. Just take it and go.