Should the NFL end Thursday Night Games?

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Wouldn't have shocked me since you've been very vocal on the Politics board about the national anthem controversy but that's fair enough.

Impaired

Registered Member
That’s why I laugh when people say that baseball is so boring because it’s so long - while they absolutely love the NFL.
I was in the USAF stationed overseas making $390 a month when the baseball strike happened. It left a really bad taste in my mouth and I don't watch much baseball on TV. I still loving going to the game but my fandom took a hard hit that never recovered, not even when we were winning the series. I watch some games but it isn't a priority to me anymore.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I was in the USAF stationed overseas making $390 a month when the baseball strike happened. It left a really bad taste in my mouth and I don't watch much baseball on TV. I still loving going to the game but my fandom took a hard hit that never recovered, not even when we were winning the series. I watch some games but it isn't a priority to me anymore.
Not to go off topic here, but I understand why it left a bad taste in your mouth. I was young when it happened (nine-years old) but I remember it clearly. Is there a chance for Baseball to lure you back as a fan? I imagine if it hasn’t yet, there’s zero chances?!

Impaired

Registered Member
Not to go off topic here, but I understand why it left a bad taste in your mouth. I was young when it happened (nine-years old) but I remember it clearly. Is there a chance for Baseball to lure you back as a fan? I imagine if it hasn’t yet, there’s zero chances?!
I like going to the ball park. I love watching the game live but I have not been able to become invested in my Phillies. I think some of this is as I grow older, my time becomes more and more precious.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I like going to the ball park. I love watching the game live but I have not been able to become invested in my Phillies. I think some of this is as I grow older, my time becomes more and more precious.
I think you are just still bitter that Joe Carter hit that World Series winning home run off Wild Thing. ;)