Should same sexed couples be able to adopt?

Wednesday

Registered Member
I dont know if there is a thread on this i did look....but...
This came to me when reading another thread about a transsexual giving birth.

So whats your views..should gay people be allowed to raise a child??

I believe that in many respects that if the child is loved, and cared for..there is no issue.

In fact compared to both sexed parents we have read about in the paper recently they would be by far better parents.

wolfheart

Registered Member
My personal thoughts on this are that if a same sex couple want to adopt they should be able to,they will still give the child all the love of a straight couple.
One of my brothers is gay,and i think that he and his partner would make fantastic parents.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
Ha, I can already guess how each member is going to answer this. Count me on the side of those who don't see a correlation between sexual orientation and parenting skills.

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
i also believe that it dosnt matter if the parents are of the same sex. as long as the child is loved and cared for then there is no problem. the only problem i can see is that the child may get bullied at school for having same sex parents........

Wednesday

Registered Member
Yes that is a valid point..but i thnk that if a child is not picked on for one thing....another thing will be found.

Children can be callous and will always find fault

Shwa

Gay As Fuck
V.I.P.
Having two moms or two dads could have its advantages here and there.

~Shwa

I do believe that being gay doesn't make you less of an adequate parent. But I think for some children, having a male and female role model is better for them whilst they are in the early stages of life. However this isn't just a criticism of gay adoption, but also of lone-parent families, etc.
When it comes down to it, yes same-sex couples should be allowed to adopt because love is the most important thing in a child's upbringing, and any parents who can provide that, tick the box for me. Anything is better than the consequences of a child having no decent home or anyone to call family.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
I'm a bit torn on this for one main reason and that's because a mother and a father bring different things to a child mentally and in terms of development. That's not to say a gay couple can't raise a child effectively and well, it's just a bit different and possibly harder. For the most part, I don't care but for that reason, I'm a bit "on the fence".

However, the typical opinion I hear against this is that "it's harder for a child with two mothers/fathers to grow without being ostracized" and that sentiment makes me laugh my balls off. Why? Because it's the parents that dislike or think homosexuality is "wrong" that instill those values in their own children and thus, perpetuate a cycle of prejudice and then use it as an excuse for gays to not have children! It's bullshit and it's hilarious.

ExpectantlyIronic

e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑
I see no reason why they shouldn't be able to adopt. If we can say...

Constantine said:
a mother and a father bring different things to a child mentally and in terms of development.
Whose to say that a different sorta mental development wouldn't help put a kid at an advantage by placing them a niche or some such? Then again, I have difficulty seeing how the gender of a kids parents would play all that significant a role in their mental development at all, when held up to the multitude of other factors that contribute to it.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Whose to say that a different sorta mental development wouldn't help put a kid at an advantage by placing them a niche or some such? Then again, I have difficulty seeing how the gender of a kids parents would play all that significant a role in their mental development at all, when held up to the multitude of other factors that contribute to it.
So you see no mental differences between men and women?