Should Obama Be Put On Paper Money in the US?

Should Obama Be Put On Paper Money in the US in the next few years?

• Total voters

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Do you think Obama should appear on money, be it replacing a current monetary face or bringing back the $2 bill or something.

There is talk of bringing the $2 into mainstream money again now that most things cost more than $2 anyway.

If that happens do you think Jefferson should be replaced by Obama? Or do you think Obama should appear on US paper money in general? I am not talking immediately but let's say sometime within the next several years if the opportunity presented itself.

Why or why not?

(Note: This is not based on a news story, but simply the idea of bringing the $2 bill back into mainstream money and the fact that Obama has been on a lot of things lately)

Personally I say no. I don't think any LIVING person should make it onto money. That's too high of an honor to give to somebody who still has plenty of time left to screw up their name/reputation.

Last edited:

wooly

I am the woolrus
Yeah i don't think there's anyway they could do it while he's still involved in politics. If they did do it while he was still alive, he'd have to be completely retired, as i don't see how they could put someone who's legacy wasn't complete on a note. I could see his face being put on a note eventually though (if history sees him as a 'good president') as his election was a milestone in american history.

Although if it was done while he was still alive, imagine how weird it'd be spending money with your face on it! :p

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah, it'd be best to at least wait until he's done as president, if nothing else
I'll edit the OP. I didn't mean THIS minute. :lol:

And Wooly, this happens all the time in countries all over the world. The US just happens to only have dead people on their money. Some other countries have current or recent leaders who are still living.

Last edited:

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
Yeah, it'd be best to at least wait until he's done as president, if nothing else
And if he is an epic failure? Then what?

Oh I forgot. Obama is God :rolleyes: Silly me.

On a serious note, if I'm not mistaken I think the person has to be dead in order to be on any coin or bill. He hasn't even done anything yet, and people are already thinking of this?

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
I concur with brix, he should only be honoured if he does a good job. even then, wait till the guy is dead. But if we where to replace a bill recently, we should do it with a president we know was good, maybe FDR or theodore rosevelt

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Obama can prove that he's god's gift to the world first before we decide to dedicate anything to him.

Cait

Oh, poppycock.
Besides being the first black (not even full, half) president, he hasn't done much yet. I'll wait til he proves himself before forming an actual opinion.