• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Should Nudists be banned from Public Spaces?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I was thinking about the France’s ban on Islamic veils. I was wondering if you believe Nudists should be banned from Public places?

Yay or Nay?

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I don't think they should be banned. I just think there should be a warning about places that nudists stay. Banning them would go over the top.

Iris

rainbow 11!
I was going to say yes, but after reading Elly's post, I agree with her.

Dabs

Registered Member
Nudists should only be allowed to wander in a nudist colony, where most everyone is nude. I do not believe they should be able to waltz into a fancy restaurant and sit their naked asses down and dine when I'm trying to enjoy my meal, only to have it ruined by looking at the cellulite on their fat thighs (or some other gross part).

shelgarr

Registered Member
They can have their colonies, and select beaches, otherwise yes, they should not be permitted to share their nudity amongst others in a public place. But why? I'm not sure I can put it into words. Even though there should be no shame associated with our naked bodies, as a society we've established to clothe ourselves. I've had to walk through the nude beach here in San Diego, and I find it embarassing.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
It is possible I am misunderstanding this thread and I am not sure what the specific laws are or what the laws are like where the OP lives but isn't nudity in public banned and agaisnt the law anyway? I am pretty sure if I decided to go for a walk tackle out I would be arrested or at least what I was doing.

Elana

V.I.P. Lifetime
I have nothing against nudity or restrictions/laws preventing it in most public places. We have nude beaches here, not sure on nudist colonies, just never looked into it, but I've gone topless at the beach and it's not really a big deal. I mean sure if it were a non-nude beach people would gawk, or even call for enforcement against it.

My point is, there is a place(s) and time for it, but it's not something I'd want to go into a mall, or restaurant and see or do.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
It is possible I am misunderstanding this thread and I am not sure what the specific laws are or what the laws are like where the OP lives but isn't nudity in public banned and agaisnt the law anyway? I am pretty sure if I decided to go for a walk tackle out I would be arrested or at least what I was doing.
I guess it depends on where you are at. I wanted to respond to Elly and say they ARE banned and it's not over the top, but that would apply to the US, I don't know what the law is in Albania.

Yes I do think they should be banned in public places. I don't have a problem with nudist beaches and colonies, but places like the mall or a restaurant I'm against it.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
It's a health issue too. You sweat and such all the time, and so if you go into a fancy restaurant, you're getting your oily sweaty buttox all over the chair that another person has to sit at. I really don't want to be seeing genitals while I eat either. Scantily clad is one thing, but completely naked? It has it's place, and should stay there.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I guess it depends on where you are at. I wanted to respond to Elly and say they ARE banned and it's not over the top, but that would apply to the US, I don't know what the law is in Albania.
When I said they should be allowed I meant only at the beach and not elsewhere. Maybe I wasn't clear enough, but obviously you can't go naked in the supermarket or at a restaurant.

The only place where nudists should be allowed is at the beach, and there should be a warning.

Going nude elsewhere is totally senseless.