Should NBC have released the killers video?

L

LS1nut

IMO absolutely not. Just another instance of the media not caring about anything or anyone, other than ratings.

I find myself changing the station everytime they show this freak or start talking about him.

I DONT CARE ABOUT HIM.

I want to know the victims. Their families. Thier dreams. Their aspirations.

I do not with to know anytying at all about the madman that took their lives.

Gavik

Registered Member
Most definately. Aside from the fact that people have the right to know about him, not releasing them won't do any good while doing so will bring attention to the failure of help for him and maybe alert people to the problem so that future would-be killers will get help.

The public shouldn't be denied the information....if they request it, they should be granted it. Altho, just posting it without thinking of what could happen from doing so is illogical. Posting it in the news could possibly inspire other disturbed dimwitted people to follow in this maniac's footsteps.

(Repeating myself) The public shouldn't be denied the information if they request it.

Gavik

Registered Member
The public shouldn't be denied the information....if they request it, they should be granted it. Altho, just posting it without thinking of what could happen from doing so is illogical. Posting it in the news could possibly inspire other disturbed dimwitted people to follow in this maniac's footsteps.

(Repeating myself) The public shouldn't be denied the information if they request it.
Why shouldn't this be applied to anything that's questionable?

S

Stay Away

great point LS1nut.

at least they should have asked his parents

Gavik

Registered Member
Plz restate ur question, with some clarifications...
You said that it could inspire others, so only those that want to read about it should see it.

A: That's illogical because even then some of the people that will read about it will be those who are thinking of commiting a similar massacre.

B: It's a slippery slope down to book burning.

C: Who gets to decide what's questionable?

You said that it could inspire others, so only those that want to read about it should see it.
That is what I said and I do mean it.

A: That's illogical because the only people that will read about it will be those who are thinking of commiting a similar massacre.
Everyone watch out! Gavik wants to commit a similar massacre becasue only those that want to read it are those that will commit one. He wants to read it so he is a crazed maniac that is going to kill us all! Keep ur eye on him!

Get my drift?! Even those that won't commit a similar massacre want to read it (unless you are one and that supports ur claim).

B: It's a slippery slope down to book burning.
Did I ever state that people should be denied it and that books should be burned?! Please explain ur benighted thought proccessing.

C: Who gets to decide what's questionable?
Did I ever state it shouldn't be given to the public? So your reason for this interrogation is?!