• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Should Michael Vick be allowed to play?

What do you think?

• He should not be allowed to play, and is a douche.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • He should be in prison.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Daemonic

Registered Member
As some of you probably know he was into dog fighting. If I remember correctly he even used his own family dog in a fight. How can anyone with a sense of morality that isn't a sociopath do that? Do you think he should be able to play still? Are you comfortable having a animal abuser as a role model?

What are your thought's?

I'll make a pole but if an option does not fit your view then explain.

Last edited:

Konshentz

Konshentz
Yes, he should absolutely be able to play football. He served his time, he has spoken out against animal abuse and is trying his best to put it behind him. Everyone makes mistakes, no matter how big or how small, why should he have to continue to pay for it? If he does it again, then sure, ban him for life and consider him a shitty person.

Last edited:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I agree with Kons. I love dogs, and I don't agree with what Michael Vick did. But I do believe in second chances, and I do believe Vick deserves one. Like Kons mentioned, he did 19 months of jail time, so it's not like he didn't pay a price. He's doing his best to get the word out on how bad Dog Fighting is.

Also, I'm not trying to make excuses for Vick, but you have to remember that he was raised in this type of stuff, in a way he didn't know any better.

Daemonic

Registered Member
I voted forced to make up for his actions, I don't trust people and think he should have to do some type of volunteer work with animals. Learn a sense of empathy, and show that you made a better person of yourself. It's easy to talk but as an animal rights activist I think for a time he should have been required to do something to make up for his actions.

Last edited:

Konshentz

Konshentz
Slightly off topic, but BR, have you seen any of The Michael Vick Project? I guess it's a 10-part documentary series based on Vick around the time he went to jail and the aftermath. I hadn't heard about it until tonight.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I voted forced to make up for his actions, I don't trust people and think he should have to do some type of volunteer work with animals. Learn a sense of empathy, and show that you made a better person of yourself. It's easy to talk but as an animal rights activist I think for a time he should have been required to do something to make up for his actions.

I concur with a little that you have to say. Vick has done his time and should be able to play in the NFL, but during the offseason Vick should be forced to do community service with animals. What he did was cruel. But everybody deserves a second chance especially when it come to your livelihood, but making this fool work with animals for a couple of years should really put things into perspective for this guy, and realize the error in his ways.

Daemonic

Registered Member
I concur with a little that you have to say. Vick has done his time and should be able to play in the NFL, but during the offseason Vick should be forced to do community service with animals. What he did was cruel. But everybody deserves a second chance especially when it come to your livelihood, but making this fool work with animals for a couple of years should really put things into perspective for this guy, and realize the error in his ways.
I agree 100%, if he had to take some time off to work with animals I would be alright with it...

In my opinion prison isn't gonna teach shit to an animal abuser....

They need therapy and experience with animals. That said, I still don't trust him...

Last edited:

Konshentz

Konshentz
I believe a year a half in jail and losing everything probably taught him that what he did was wrong. Haha.

Daemonic

Registered Member
I believe a year a half in jail and losing everything probably taught him that what he did was wrong. Haha.
Not necessarily, plenty of people do jail time and go back to their habits or don't care. With someone in his shoes even if he acts like he cares it doesn't prove anything......

Hell, with that kinda money I know damn well I would just tell people what they wanna hear.

Last edited:

Konshentz

Konshentz
And plenty of people don't go back to their old ways and are sincere when they say they've changed. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Are you watching the game? This guy is just ridiculous. Haha.