Should I??

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Omega, Jan 13, 2007.

1. Omega

Omega Ω

I am running Windows XP.

Should I Install Windows Vista?

Or should I leave it.

I am unasure.

Thanks for your help

Points and rep for all who give there input in this thread :)

2. Kyo_Muramasa

Kyo_Muramasa Nefarious Kaizoku Capt'n

If u feel comfortable in switching Omega then switch. If not then leave what ur currently running on ur computer, unless u REALLY have to switch for some unknown reason. I say to continue running XP...but hey that's just me >>; U need more input to make a decision that u probably like best.*shrugs*

3. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

First you want to ask yourself the pros and cons of both of them

Find out which one has more pros than the other and see if you are comfortable with it...

Then switch or don't switch.

4. Icyblackflame

Icyblackflame Registered Member

I'm not quite so sure about pros and cons on a grand scale, but rather, what do you use your computer for? Asnwer THAT, and THEN get the pros and cons together. Or, better yet, do some research (if need be), and see which is best for your computer needs.

That probably didn't help much, but it is the major question to ask yourself when concerning these things.
    -Icy

5. Kyo_Muramasa

Kyo_Muramasa Nefarious Kaizoku Capt'n

Let me add alittle more to my comment:

Hmm...also look around and see what other costumers have said about the program. Maybe they might have alittle insight that might help u in ur choice and answer a few of ur questions about it. Don't heavly depend on their opinion though and like Himie and Icy said, check the pro's and con's aswell

6. Omega

Omega Ω

I just want to know if Vista is alot better then XP in anyway because I have the OS and I can install it anytime I want. I just need to know is Vista better because I don't want to install Vista and then wanting my XP back.

7. Nosferatu_Alucard

Nosferatu_Alucard Undead Intellectual

I would wait until it becomes more popular or the price goes down.

If anything, Vista is XP, just fancier and more stuff. Take a look online, you can find screenshots and features.

8. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

Do you not have an XP install disk? In case you want to return to it?

9. Moiraine

Moiraine Guest

Right now installing Vista is not a good idea. With it being a new operating system with several major changes in terms or it being 64 bit, not many major programs such as itunes, etc, have stable verions of their program ready. Your current external hardware(mouse, joystick etc) may not work either, or more fancy functions of it won't work. The major advantage of Vista is that you need it to run Direct X 10 and next generation games that require Direct 10. If you're not big on games, I wouldn't recommend updating yet, unless you check out your programs, hardware etc to make sure they are Vista compatible. But be prepared for instability and problems. BTW Do not upgrade if you don't have a good videocard. The fancy features of Vista require a graphics card to run, and if your computer is not prepared to load the graphics with plenty of ram, good processor, and good video card, your computer will be slow.

10. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

Regarding the points I highlighted in bold, do any of these count for the 32 bit version? Not that I'm going to upgrade to Vista any time in the near future...