• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Advice Should I wear a gas mask shopping?

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
If it's for a lark I say go for it.
As for COVID protection, any type of home made fabric mask will offer some protection. Better than nothing. If you're making a fashion statement, the full face gas mask is a must. lol

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Go for it. Please make a video. I would like to see people's reactions to it.

Impaired

Registered Member
Any mask is better than no mask. The mask is to prevent you from infecting others. Asymptomatic people can feel fine and spread the disease.

The only good the mask does for you is stop you from touching your face.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.

Really there is no supported opinion that wearing a mask will do anything. I haven't been wearing one lately, but I'm rarely out of the house nowadays anyway.

That gas mask might work really well, it covers your eyes, which most people wearing masks nowadays don't do.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I am required to wear one for work. It's annoying to have it on for a full shift. It definitely makes people touch their face more, always needing to adjust it. I just do my best to keep my distance from people and wash my hands regularly.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I am required to wear one for work. It's annoying to have it on for a full shift. It definitely makes people touch their face more, always needing to adjust it. I just do my best to keep my distance from people and wash my hands regularly.
That's the biggest issue with them. People touch their face more because of them, thus more of a chance of picking up something. I went to the grocery store yesterday. Most of the people there, including my wife, wore a mask. There were a few here and there that did not. In my opinion, they aren't effective, but everyone should do what they think is best for them.

I have hand sanitizer everywhere, I've been that way for years. On my nightstand, at my desk, small travel sized ones in my truck, so I take this seriously, and to me mask wearing isn't effective.

Impaired

Registered Member
What a mask will do, the only thing, really, is lessen the chance of you infecting somebody else.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have hand sanitizer everywhere, I've been that way for years. On my nightstand, at my desk, small travel sized ones in my truck, so I take this seriously, and to me mask wearing isn't effective.
I don't think the cloth kind are. Even n95s have you touching your face a lot.

That being said, a military-grade gas mask IS effective. You can't even touch your face if you wanted to. Hey, if it's good enough for tear gas... I imagine it's probably good enough to keep germs out. But it's also extreme overkill that I don't really see a bunch of soccer moms doing.

Impaired

Registered Member
Eric Trump assures me it is all a Democrat Hoax and the virus will just go away.