• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Advice Should I wear a gas mask shopping?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Kind of joking.

Kind of not.

Kind of just want to do it for the heck of it and for some laughs.

Here’s a selfie I took a few weeks ago wearing a legitimate working gas mask that I own.

2399C14D-AAEF-4CB7-86A7-679FA1175CA9.jpeg

Technically, we’re encouraged to wear masks....

Does anyone here know if these are even effective against viruses? I would assume so, but that’s not technically what it’s rated for.

Still kind of want to do it. 😂 Thoughts?

dDave

V.I.P.
Most of what a mask does is protect your nose and mouth from any type of direct contact. Say someone sneezes or coughs near you, the nasty particles in the air now can't touch your nose or mouth because of the mask. if you sneeze or cough, that's all contained within your mask for the most part so you're not getting other people sick.

So yes, a gas mask works well, it just looks ridiculous! lol

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Just occurred to me. Now is the only time in history where you can walk into a bank wearing a mask and not be forcibly excorted out.
That would be the true lolz.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
@MenInTights, I know, right? It sounds kind of fun to do for the heck of it. I also thought it’d be fun to order one of these and wear a medical mask underneath, it sadly Amazon has pushed back the shipment of “non-essential” items until early May.

I mean, come on. How is this not essential?

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
So can we wear Halloween masks in stores? Normally that is frowned upon haha

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
@MenInTights, it's one thing to wear a gas mask for laughs, but wearing a clear symbol of racist hate, murder, etc. is very different. That guy might think he was just being funny, but he's definitely not. Racism isn't funny.