Should I upgrade my iPhone?

Interis

Registered Member
I've been using an iPhone 5S 16 GB for almost two years. I feel that things are different nowadays. It gets slower after I installed iOS 11 and sometimes the screen just freezes or turns black. The screen freeze is the most dangerous problem because I don't know when I really need to use the phone.

The new iPhone 8 and X boast about the wireless charging and the glass design, but I'm not interested. As the older generations' prices drop, iPhone 7 seems to be the ideal option. It also has a bigger screen, a bigger RAM, and the rose gold color.

What do you think? I'm still weighing my options because even though the price drops, it's still quite a number. Let me know your thoughts before I make the final decision.

MissMe

Registered Member
I have an iPhone 7 and it worked great for me. I just received an Android phone so I will be trying that out too. If you are still using a 5S then upgrading to the 7 will be a good upgrade and you are right, it will be cheaper than going with the 8. The X is just a little too much for me right now and I won't be getting on until the price drops.

Last edited:

Interis

Registered Member
Thanks, MissMe. I'm curious to know how you feel about using Galaxy Edge and Android in general. I used to be an Android fan until I tried iOS. I couldn't really switch back after that. There is also a different premium taste in design. Android phones' rose gold version is way more pink than Apple's which still has a golden shine to it.

MissMe

Registered Member
Thanks, MissMe. I'm curious to know how you feel about using Galaxy Edge and Android in general. I used to be an Android fan until I tried iOS. I couldn't really switch back after that. There is also a different premium taste in design. Android phones' rose gold version is way more pink than Apple's which still has a golden shine to it.
My phones are always kept in a case so the color doesn't really matter to me because it can't really be seen in the case. I am getting used to switching from IOS and am actually liking it. I use Google for everything and it runs everything perfectly. My calendar, photos and all of my docs are right at hand. I am a little nerdy though and one thing I miss is being able to send GIFS in text messages.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have the iPhone 6s and I upgraded the iOS to version 11. So far, the battery life has been worse, but it’s still usable for me. I will try to wait another year and then I will consider upgrading. Even then though, I will probably be looking at the 8 or 10 from this year’s releases since they’ll be cheaper than whatever just came out.

Interis

Registered Member
My phones are always kept in a case so the color doesn't really matter to me because it can't really be seen in the case. I am getting used to switching from IOS and am actually liking it. I use Google for everything and it runs everything perfectly. My calendar, photos and all of my docs are right at hand. I am a little nerdy though and one thing I miss is being able to send GIFS in text messages.
There are times when I want to go without a case and show off the phone's original color (as dangerous as that sounds), but not enough to make me buy the iPhone 7 RED even though it looks sexy and slick. I only use Gmail, so I can understand why you prefer Android phones if you depend on many of Google's services.

I have the iPhone 6s and I upgraded the iOS to version 11. So far, the battery life has been worse, but it’s still usable for me. I will try to wait another year and then I will consider upgrading. Even then though, I will probably be looking at the 8 or 10 from this year’s releases since they’ll be cheaper than whatever just came out.
Even though iOS has good optimization with the iPhone's hardware, I don't expect old processors to be able to handle the new software swiftly. The developers are pushing us to upgrade to a new phone. Jumping from 6S to 7 or 8 may not feel much different compared to me and my 5S, though. X may be the better choice in that regard, although the price is mindblowing.