• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Should I upgrade my iPhone?

Interis

Registered Member
I've been using an iPhone 5S 16 GB for almost two years. I feel that things are different nowadays. It gets slower after I installed iOS 11 and sometimes the screen just freezes or turns black. The screen freeze is the most dangerous problem because I don't know when I really need to use the phone.

The new iPhone 8 and X boast about the wireless charging and the glass design, but I'm not interested. As the older generations' prices drop, iPhone 7 seems to be the ideal option. It also has a bigger screen, a bigger RAM, and the rose gold color.

What do you think? I'm still weighing my options because even though the price drops, it's still quite a number. Let me know your thoughts before I make the final decision.

MissMe

Registered Member
I have an iPhone 7 and it worked great for me. I just received an Android phone so I will be trying that out too. If you are still using a 5S then upgrading to the 7 will be a good upgrade and you are right, it will be cheaper than going with the 8. The X is just a little too much for me right now and I won't be getting on until the price drops.

Last edited:

Interis

Registered Member
Thanks, MissMe. I'm curious to know how you feel about using Galaxy Edge and Android in general. I used to be an Android fan until I tried iOS. I couldn't really switch back after that. There is also a different premium taste in design. Android phones' rose gold version is way more pink than Apple's which still has a golden shine to it.

MissMe

Registered Member
Thanks, MissMe. I'm curious to know how you feel about using Galaxy Edge and Android in general. I used to be an Android fan until I tried iOS. I couldn't really switch back after that. There is also a different premium taste in design. Android phones' rose gold version is way more pink than Apple's which still has a golden shine to it.
My phones are always kept in a case so the color doesn't really matter to me because it can't really be seen in the case. I am getting used to switching from IOS and am actually liking it. I use Google for everything and it runs everything perfectly. My calendar, photos and all of my docs are right at hand. I am a little nerdy though and one thing I miss is being able to send GIFS in text messages.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have the iPhone 6s and I upgraded the iOS to version 11. So far, the battery life has been worse, but it’s still usable for me. I will try to wait another year and then I will consider upgrading. Even then though, I will probably be looking at the 8 or 10 from this year’s releases since they’ll be cheaper than whatever just came out.

Interis

Registered Member
My phones are always kept in a case so the color doesn't really matter to me because it can't really be seen in the case. I am getting used to switching from IOS and am actually liking it. I use Google for everything and it runs everything perfectly. My calendar, photos and all of my docs are right at hand. I am a little nerdy though and one thing I miss is being able to send GIFS in text messages.
There are times when I want to go without a case and show off the phone's original color (as dangerous as that sounds), but not enough to make me buy the iPhone 7 RED even though it looks sexy and slick. I only use Gmail, so I can understand why you prefer Android phones if you depend on many of Google's services.

I have the iPhone 6s and I upgraded the iOS to version 11. So far, the battery life has been worse, but it’s still usable for me. I will try to wait another year and then I will consider upgrading. Even then though, I will probably be looking at the 8 or 10 from this year’s releases since they’ll be cheaper than whatever just came out.
Even though iOS has good optimization with the iPhone's hardware, I don't expect old processors to be able to handle the new software swiftly. The developers are pushing us to upgrade to a new phone. Jumping from 6S to 7 or 8 may not feel much different compared to me and my 5S, though. X may be the better choice in that regard, although the price is mindblowing.