• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Should I Jump on the Active Charcoal Train?

NellyBell

Registered Member
I keep seeing ads for all kinds of active charcoal products: masks, cleansers, body clay, toothpaste/whiteners, soap, etc. Has anyone used any of these products? Are they worth all the hype? I've only tried pore strips before I even knew active charcoal was trending, and I didn't notice any difference between them and other products.

IrishLass2247

Registered Member
I keep seeing ads for all kinds of active charcoal products: masks, cleansers, body clay, toothpaste/whiteners, soap, etc. Has anyone used any of these products? Are they worth all the hype? I've only tried pore strips before I even knew active charcoal was trending, and I didn't notice any difference between them and other products.
I have many friends in my botanical community who swear by activated charcoal for a whole host of issues and ailments. I personally have no experience with it yet, but I usually like to give something a try so I can speak about it from a position of personal experience.

Impaired

Registered Member
Almost all of these wind up causing some sort of issue.

Anything is toxic in large enough quantities.

NellyBell

Registered Member
@IrishLass2247 I've heard the praises, especially from those kinds of communities, but then I see those products getting sold in the pyramid schemes of Facebook and I have to start questioning how much of the popularity is because it's trendy right now.

@Impaired It does always seem to go that way.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I thought about trying the charcoal peel off mask I've seen advertised since I like the Biore strips. Has anyone tried it and do you like it? Does it work as well as the Biore strips? Amazon has it on sale right now, or they did, thinking about ordering it.

NellyBell

Registered Member

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
@Hilander I was going to say that I'd be willing to try them out with you, but after googling to try and find them, a bunch of links came up that warned against trying them because they 1) don't do what they promise and, more importantly, 2) can damage your skin. Here's one of the articles: Don't use those black peel-off face masks everyone's obsessed with – here's why | Metro News
I don't think I could take having every tiny hair on my face ripped out, needless to say I don't wax my legs. I won't be trying that.

Keri35

Registered Member
Ouch! I haven't ever tried a mask because I'm not into pain. They really rip your facial hair out?
My daughter loves the charcoal masks. I don't see a difference after she uses them.