Should I cancel this bid??

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by Mina, May 2, 2005.

1. Mina

Mina Registered Member

I have someone bidding on my aucion, that I have delt with before... I think it was a book he bought before, can't remember, but I do remember all the emails...

Now he's emailing me and asking me things like where I live, etc...Just kinda giving me the creaps... what do you think I should do??

2. doubles2004

doubles2004 Registered Member

I wouldnt cancel the bid i would just ignore his emails and hope that someone outbids him im sure they will just dont answer his emails hit the delete button or just tell him he will find that info out if he wins

3. ShaunAL

ShaunAL Registered Member

I would cancel his bids and block him as a bidder and forward all the emails to ebay. Do not take this lightly. I have expereienced the same in the past and is an uneasy feeling.

4. doubles2004

why would you cancel his bid .i mean he may be outbid even if you do cancel his bid he can still get your address so this is something im not understanding if he knows how to use the computor in front of him. but i also agree for the safty of the idea but he can still get the info just my 2 cents worth i will stay out of this one

5. Mina

Mina Registered Member

Just one of the reasons I use a PO box, and I know he had that info from me shipping him something he bought back in August. He sent lots of email's then too, but none that made me feel weird, he was just overly polite. But now I'm just creaped.

6. doubles2004

green she can block him from bidding but not from looking and he can still send the emails i understand where yall are comeing from on this but to me the best thing to do is if you feel bad about him report him to ebay block him from bidding but the emails wont stop

7. Nanner

Nanner Registered Member

I agree....send all the stuff to eBay and tell them he is creeping you out and that he has done the same in the past. They may take matters into their own hands and block him from the whole site. If you REALLY don't want him on your auction that is your right....then cancel him. He could get your info from eBay but, at least they use to, they will send you an email if anyone requests your personal info. So for the fact that he can get your info from eBay (including phone number) For sure let them know about him!

8. LicentiousVenus

LicentiousVenus Registered Member

thats very smart using your p.o. box....definatly report him to ebay...but i'm not sure what good canceling the bid will do...tell ebay and if they don't do anything tell his e-mail provider (they don't want a bad name either). Does he know your full name already? or what state you are from?....if he doesn't than maybe it is better to cancel the bid because names are on most invoices, unless you can set yours up differnetly. Just think its more important to be safe than get a few extra dollars.

9. Mina

Mina Registered Member

If he still has the packaging from the item he bought from me in August then yes he has my name and the state

10. Mina

Mina Registered Member

no, he only has a feedback of 2 and I don't think he sells, or at least not with that account. His latest.. he wants pics of me in the bag that way he knows for sure that here is something related to photography in there...

It's not like he doesn't know I'm married.. Mentions of my husband are in the auction!!