Should Golf be an Olympic sport?

Discussion in 'Olympics' started by Babe_Ruth, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Pretty simple question here for you guys, do you believe golf should be an Olympic Sport?

Please explain your answer.

2. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

God I hope not. That has to be one of the most boring games to watch.
    I would rather see them add in the Street Luge or slalom.

Golf rates up there with Trampolining and ping pong as sports that they need to get rid of..

3. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Hey, ping pong is awesome.

I enjoy watching golf, but I don't think it should be an Olympic sport. The top players in the world already play against each other every week.

4. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

That would only make the Olympic Games even more boring, gosh they have shit sports in the Olympics, the only worth watching is soccer.

5. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I think that golf should be an olympic sport. They have baseball, football, basketball, hocky, soccer as an olympic sport so why not golf? I use to think that golf was borning but once you understand the game, you will enjoy it.

6. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Perhaps you need to broaden your tastes and be more open minded if you only enjoy one sport. I think Olympic soccer is boring and they should get rid of it. Every country would rather win the World Cup anyway.

7. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

I was thinking the same thing...most Americans would do away with soccer first...

As far as golf in the Olympics...I'd probably say no. Not because I think its boring but because I dont really think it belongs.

8. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Personally I would like to see Golf in the Olympics, you choose the greatest player in every country and you make them play four rounds, 18 holes each round. The first three finishers win Gold, Silver and Bronze. I think it could be very entertaining and competetive as well.

9. greyham_G

greyham_G Registered Member

I definitely think golf should be an olympic sport. If you golf, then you don't have a problem with watching golf, but if you don't then youll hate it. I think it would it would work well as an olympic sport, it's another multi day thing they can increase suspense over, and it would even advertise the game to all the people that don't golf.

10. Marvelous1

Marvelous1 Registered Member

Golf is a sport that is played on almost every continent. It is played by both men and women. I think it would be an ideal Olympic sport.