• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Should Foreign Nationals be allowed to vote?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Boston Weighs Measure To Let Foreign Nationals Vote In Elections

Personally I think this is a very bad idea. I think only citizens should be allowed to vote in any election. Sure they pay taxes but they also use our infrastructure while they are here. If they want to vote become a citizen.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Terrible idea. Only the citizens of a country should be able to vote in any election in that country.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Letting foreign nationals vote in our elections is a good way to lose our sovereignty. I don't want Russians, Chinese, etc to be able to come here on a visa and vote.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I honestly don’t understand why this should be a partisan issue. I think it benefits all Americans (or citizens of any country if we’re talking about Canada or somewhere other than the US) if non-citizens can’t vote.

This seems like pretty cut and dried common sense to me.

Should house guests get to vote in HOA meetings if they don’t own a house and live permanently in the neighborhood? No...

dDave

V.I.P.
It’s profoundly insane to me that this is being brought up as a topic of serious discussion.

The vote is a sacred right.

In what world does it make sense for a non citizen to vote?