• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Should burglars be able to sue?

viLky

ykLiv
The burglar who was injured by Tony Martin after breaking into his home is to sue the farmer for £15,000 compensation for loss of earnings, it emerged yesterday.

The man, who was shot in the raid in Norfolk, is seeking the money because he claims he cannot find work, enjoy sex, or pursue his martial arts hobby.

I don't have a source, but that doesn't matter here anyways. That news story has little to do with this thread.

My question is, should burglars be able to sue if they get injured while their robbing your house? Do you think they have a case?

I can't believe what the world is coming to when you have a burglar sue somebody while committing an illegal crime. It's really depressing knowing that I could get sued if somebody broke into my house and got injured. Geez!

Last edited:

Bliss

Sally Twit
Burglars shouldn't be able to do sh*t except get arrested.
I agree.

The article you posted is just insane. He had every right to protect himself. I would have scared out of my life if someone was breaking into my house. It's not like you have much time to think things through.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I'm sick of this "protect the criminal" bullshit these days. It's the pathetic part of the human rights movement. Some douche decides he/she is going to burglarize someone's home and waltzes on in, gets spotted and pushed out a window, breaking his arms in the fall.

Where's the issue? You should have the right to defend yourself.

I've told this story before, but I'll recite it for this thread.

My girlfriend's mother used to work with a seventy year old guy who lived with his 90+ year old mother. He was an active guy, not incapacitated by any means. He worked in the basement and had a buzzer rigged up in his mother's room on the third floor if she needed anything. So one night she starts ringing the buzzer like she was on fire. The guy runs upstairs and peeks in the room to see a man robbing his mother. She's flailing weakly and he's pushing her around, pulling stuff out of her drawers. So the man rushes down the hall, retrieves an old revolver and bursts into the room, gun drawn. The cowardly bitch dove out of the window, breaking his legs in the fall. When the cops arrived, the guy was arrested for pointing the fucking gun at him.

I hate fucking Massachusetts. I really do.

You know what the cop told him?

"Next time, kill the prick. It makes things a lot easier."

Hanzo_Hattori

For the Horde!
Anyone who agrees burglars are able to sue SHOULD AGAIN I SAY BE PUNCHED IN THE FACE!, NO BAD HUMAN BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD, IT'S WRONG D<

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
Robbers that sue over getting hurt over robbing someone should not be suing their victims. They should be sending Thank You cards from prison saying "thank you for sparing my life"

kkid

Registered Member
the home owner has the right to use a sugnificant amount of force to protect his/her home. If the burgular is injured during this then they cannot sue unless it is extreme injury like a gunshot - that is the law in england

micfranklin

Eviscerator
the home owner has the right to use a sugnificant amount of force to protect his/her home. If the burgular is injured during this then they cannot sue unless it is extreme injury like a gunshot - that is the law in england
That's one bullsh*t law: glad I live in the states.