• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Should Big Ben be allowed to play in the preseason?

Konshentz

Konshentz
I don't think he should be allowed to play in any game, meaningful or not, until his suspension is lifted.

BigBob

Registered Member
But it does matter BR. He's not suspended for the preseason games, he's suspended for 6 regular season games. So, as I said before, I have no problem with it.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
If he's suspended for any GAMES then he shouldn't be allowed to play in real games...whether they count or not.

I don't know I guess I look at it as he's suspended until a certain time...week 7. So he can't play in a game until then.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Bob, he got suspended before the preseason even started. He shouldn't be allowed to play at all. It beats the purpose of a suspension in my opinion. Once again, I know that the preseason doesn't count at all, but the point is to teach him a lesson. Letting him play in the preseason doesn't make sense at all.

If anyone can give me a good explanation on why it makes any sense for the NFL to allow him participate in preseason action than I might change my mind, but as of right now I still stand on my ground.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
If anyone can give me a good explanation on why it makes any sense for the NFL to allow him participate in preseason action
We're trying but you refuse to accept any of the facts.

1. The official rules of the suspension state he's only suspended for regular season games. The NFL has had this policy for ages.
2. They're punishing Ben, not the team.
3. Preseason games are glorified practices meant to get the first team ready and to evaluate the talent beyond that.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
We're trying but you refuse to accept any of the facts.

1. The official rules of the suspension state he's only suspended for regular season games. The NFL has had this policy for ages.
2. They're punishing Ben, not the team.
3. Preseason games are glorified practices meant to get the first team ready and to evaluate the talent beyond that.
And that policy makes absolutely no sense at all. If you suspend someone until week 7 then they should be suspended until that time in all phases and all aspects.

A suspension to Big Ben affects Pittsburgh whether we like it or not. If Ben's punished then Pittsburgh is punished...such is life.

Honestly if it were up to me Ben wouldn't be allowed to practice with the team either.

BigBob

Registered Member
..and I understand that he was suspended before the preseason BR, but you still refuse to understand what I'm saying. The suspension was "the first 6 games of the regular season" not "the preseason and 6 games of the regular season".

It's still a policy Millz, whether it's liked or not.

I still do disagree with other people that it's hurting the Steeler's though. Did it hurt the Charger's all those years Tomlinson sat out every preseason game? I look at it that way. He's a starter and shouldn't be playing in the preseason regardless because he's proven himself year in and year out, but that's another topic to be discussed another time.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I know it's a policy, and I'm understand what you guys are trying to say, but the man is suspended right now, and that's the bottom line. If you're suspended you shouldn't be allowed to step onto that field no matter what.

Why allow him to play in the preseason if he's being punished for what he did during the off-season?

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Did it hurt the Charger's all those years Tomlinson sat out every preseason game? I look at it that way. He's a starter and shouldn't be playing in the preseason regardless because he's proven himself year in and year out, but that's another topic to be discussed another time.
I'm starting to sway my opinion in this direction now for this point.

N0v1c3

If they let Ben play, then it's their decision (the HC and owner particularly). And when they see he can't perform well (like he used to), then he might not only be benched...but his career in Pitts might be at stake accordingly.