• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Should AJ Styles return to Fortune?

Should AJ Styles return as a face and leave Fortune?

• Total voters

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
The discussion around here lately has leaned towards thoughts of AJ Styles turning face and leaving Fortune.

Now that he's going to be on the shelf for (hopefully only) several weeks, I thought it would be good to have a deeper conversation about his status.

In recent weeks, we've seen him getting frustrated on iMPACT when Eric Bischoff has questioned his skill and belittled him for losing the TV Title to Douglas Williams. The same thing happened when he was injured; At Genesis AJ Styles explained to Bischoff that he hurt his leg helping his kid on a four-wheeler, and Easy E berated him for doing so saying "That's what a Nanny is for!"

At this point, it looks like his return could go either way. A return to the lead role in Ric Flair's Fortune stable is feasible, as AJ has done it with perfection thus far. A face turn and a face-off with his old allies also seems like an exciting and good choice for a feud.

What direction do you think is best for "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles upon his return from injury?

Last edited:

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I have to say yes. The way Immortal has been pushing him around lately and making him feel like a puppet would be a great setup for his return. Also would he bring Flair along with him, the man that created the group Fortune? Last night at Genesis he showed empathy for Styles. This angle could be the start of a great story arc showcasing the collapse of Immortal.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I have to say yes. The way Immortal has been pushing him around lately and making him feel like a puppet would be a great setup for his return. Also would he bring Flair along with him, the man that created the group Fortune? Last night at Genesis he showed empathy for Styles. This angle could be the start of a great story arc showcasing the collapse of Immortal.
I still haven't chosen my answer, but on your idea of Flair being with him: Why take the founder of Fortune away from the group? I think Fortune is probably the strongest stable in TNA ans has the best staying power (I dig Immortal but I could see it being out of the picture easier than Fortune). The group needs to stay strong, and having Flair at its head is a big part of that. Not to mention how awesome Flair has been as a heel in TNA.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I still haven't chosen my answer, but on your idea of Flair being with him: Why take the founder of Fortune away from the group? I think Fortune is probably the strongest stable in TNA ans has the best staying power (I dig Immortal but I could see it being out of the picture easier than Fortune). The group needs to stay strong, and having Flair at its head is a big part of that. Not to mention how awesome Flair has been as a heel in TNA.
Well with AJ gone somebody is going to have to step up to the plate, and if Flair leaves Fortune as well who's not to say that he will eventually get the rest of the stable back together. Before Immortal, Fortune was a strong stable and now in my eyes now, they are nothing but muppets. I would rather see Flair as a heel, but Immortal is not going to stay around forever and the only way that I can see Immortal collapsing is by Fortune turning or a major face change.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Well with AJ gone somebody is going to have to step up to the plate, and if Flair leaves Fortune as well who's not to say that he will eventually get the rest of the stable back together. Before Immortal, Fortune was a strong stable and now in my eyes now, they are nothing but muppets. I would rather see Flair as a heel, but Immortal is not going to stay around forever and the only way that I can see Immortal collapsing is by Fortune turning or a major face change.
Millz and I have talked about that in the past, Fortune as a face group fighting Immortal. It's possible but not really in the current TNA atmosphere...it would take a while to develop. But that is one way that Flair could turn face with Styles.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I picked yes but only because I don't think he's being used well enough in Fortune. TV Championship is great and all but he's about 50,000 times better than Jeff Harvey. If anybody shoulda been the leader of Immortal it should have been AJ but that's a separate topic for another day I guess.

I think AJ coming back as the conquering TNA hero against Immortal and Fortune makes the most sense. I mean, he's the face of TNA, after all.

I'd definitely keep Ric Flair a heel though.

EDIT: And I just realized I Screwed up my vote...I meant he should come back as a face against Fortune...oh well haha

Last edited:

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I picked yes but only because I don't think he's being used well enough in Fortune. TV Championship is great and all but he's about 50,000 times better than Jeff Harvey. If anybody shoulda been the leader of Immortal it should have been AJ but that's a separate topic for another day I guess.

I think AJ coming back as the conquering TNA hero against Immortal and Fortune makes the most sense. I mean, he's the face of TNA, after all.

I'd definitely keep Ric Flair a heel though.

EDIT: And I just realized I Screwed up my vote...I meant he should come back as a face against Fortune...oh well haha
haha you secretly want him back in Fortune! j/k, I wish that could be fixed.

You raise a great point about him being the face of Immortal...I like Hardy because he was so over as a face and the last guy I expected, but if they would have had Styles in the same position (face, best friend of RVD, etc.) it would have worked so much better. Or Samoa Joe, since Styles can fit his personality with Fortune so well. Again, a convo for another day.

I still can't decide, because AJ does a Fortune heel so damn well.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
Damn it guys, I am now confused, the title of this thread is "
Should AJ Styles return to Fortune?" and the poll question is "Should AJ Styles return as a face and leave Fortune? " I think that Millz voted correctly. Geez, I don't know. Haha. :lol:

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Damn it guys, I am now confused, the title of this thread is "
Should AJ Styles return to Fortune?" and the poll question is "Should AJ Styles return as a face and leave Fortune? " I think that Millz voted correctly. Geez, I don't know. Haha. :lol:
Yeah, my fault my fault...I went from two different concept POVs when I made the thread...wasn't thinking!