• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Shots fired in Canada parliament

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
Shots fired inside Canada parliament

Several shots have been fired inside and outside the nation's parliament in Ottawa, leaving one soldier wounded.

A gunman fired at soldiers at the National War Memorial and then continued the attack inside parliament.

Canadian broadcaster CBC and several MPs report that one gunman has been killed but that is unconfirmed.

The incident came hours after Canada raised its terror threat level following a fatal hit-and-run attack on two soldiers earlier in the week.

"Shots fired at War Memorial at 9:52am today; one person injured," Ottawa Police tweeted on Wednesday as a witness reported seeing authorities search from room to room for the suspect.

Source: BBC News
There is not much information and from what I can gather no-one inside has been hurt. More information I am sure will be given as and when it can be.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Sounds like to me this is because of Canada's involvement in the war against ISIS. Wouldn't surprise me if we saw something like that here.

I hope they get everyone involved and no one is killed except maybe the perpetrators.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think its sad the soldier died. The coward shot him in the back. My condolences go out to his family. How they must be hurting at this moment.

They have identified the dead gunman as Michael Zehaf-Bibeau and they still think there was another person involved in this. If there was I hope they catch him.

Suspected shooter identified in Canada attack - CNN.com

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Hilander Breaking News 7
sunrise Movies & TV 1
Hilander Breaking News 10
raye_raye Bathroom Wall 2
Babe_Ruth Breaking News 28