Short story contest #2

Choose which genre you'd like to write or read about.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stories must be under 5,000 words and must be turned in no later than 10 days after the contests start date.
Once completed, you will email your stories to me and I will post them anonymously under my user ID. (I will be posting my own story but not voting)

I'd like to keep the stories limited to a single genre and will be adding a poll so everyone can vote.
The poll is open to everyone entering the contest and those who plan on participating in the form of reading each story and choosing a favorite.

Please don't vote on a genre if you don't plan on participating in some way.

Winner of this contest should plan on hosting the next one. I think it'll be more fun that way because each contest will be somewhat different than the last.

On a side note: If there is no clear winner for story type, it'll be hosts choice and I'm pretty sure you all know what I'll be picking, so vote.:)

Poll will close in 5 days!

Last edited:

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
God I hate romance. They're almost impossible to write because every single damn love story has been done already. I voted sci-fi because I don't write it often, but if the tie goes to horror, I'll be happy with that too.

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
If we get horror then i'd probably end up accidently picking bits out of Saw >.<

I have to watch Bride and Seed of Chucky tomorrow, just in case :/

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
That is true. Then again, romance or horror also two overly done genres so it would be a true test to see if anyone could do one of them well.

troubl3dmind

Registered Member
I went to McDonalds one time and saw a guy spit in my food. I was so hungry I just ate it. I later contracted AIDS and died.

There can I just submit that?