Short Sleeves in Cold Weather

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Boredie, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Boredie

Boredie In need of Entertainment

When I was in college I had a professor who always walked around with short sleeve shirts in all weathers. It would drive me crazy wondering, how come he doesn't freeze when it's so cold.
    He'd even have the seam of the sleeve folded over, as if to make a point.
    Brrrr...

Could/Do you ever walk around in short sleeves on cold, cold days?

2. Smelnick

Smelnick Creeping On You V.I.P.

Usually I don't start wearing long sleeve shirts until it gets to be at LEAST -5 out. Celsius that is. I find if I start wearing my jacket too soon, then in -40 weather, it just doesn't keep me warm.

3. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

If it's warmer, like 10 or more degrees Fahrenheit (-12 C), I wear short sleeves. I don't really start wearing jackets until after it gets below 0 though.

4. Boredie

Wow, you guys.. I couldn't possibly be without long sleeves when it reaches 18C...

5. Smelnick

Smelnick Creeping On You V.I.P.

18C is a cooler summer day here in Canada. Average is about 20-25 for summer. rare spurts of +30 weather. 18C is tshirt weather lol.

edit: but 18C is not shirtless weather =P

Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  6. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I hate the cold, so I always wrap up warm when it gets below 10 - 15 degrees. Even though I hate winter clothes, the cold gets to me easily so I always have to wear long sleeves and many layers. Except my feet, I can walk around in flip flops in the dead of winter.

7. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

coincidentally, that's when I'm at my most comfortable. Beyond this, I start getting too hot.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  8. viLky

viLky ykLiv

I have little-to-no fat and muscles on my hands and arms so they get chilled to the bone once it reaches 50 degrees (F). Gotta love hoodies. =D

9. Boredie

Gah.. I couldn't possibly be without footwear in the winter. My feet are my thermostat, if they are cold so is the rest of me.

I guess it depends temperatures one is used to throughout the year and here the norm is on average 27 C. most of the year so when winter finally comes 18 C and below is cold..

10. Kibi

Kibi Babeasaurus Sex

I don't mind the cold. I lived in Canada for a long time and now I live up in the hills in England so I wear tshirts unless it's snowing....even then I'll still wear dresses to uni...

:D