Movies Short or Long movies?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Babe_Ruth, Apr 6, 2008.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I was wondering what you guys preffered, short or long movies? When I say short I mean around 90 to 100 minutes when I mean long movies I mean 140+ minutes. Please explain your answer.

Personally I prefer long movies, I just think there more detailed and there more exciting, I don't really like short movies, because after it's done your I always tell myself that it's already over, and that there was something missing.

Thoughts?

2. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

usually I prefer longer movies because there is much more time for the plot to develop and a lot more detail can be put into the movie thus making it a better movie.

3. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

Much longer movies, nothing like freaking Spiderman that goes for 3 hours, I like something like 120 to 140 minute movies. Maybe less, but yeah.

4. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

It really depends on how well the movie uses the time. Some short movies have everything they need, while some long movies still have missing pieces or are just filled with a bunch of excessive crap (like Troy).

5. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

I like longer movies. Like people said, it gives the plot more chances to develop and explain things.

While I like longer movies, I wouldn't expect an animated movie like The Simpsons or Ratatouille to be 2 hours long.

6. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

Yeah, but I got to say, both movies were enjoyable.

7. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Short and long... I'm more concerned on whether it's fast paced or not. A short movie that is badly done can seem like a dragging 10-hour movie.

8. Mason

Mason phawq

I prefer movies to be between 80-150 minutes long.

9. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Length doesn't matter at all.

It's the movie that matters. The only time length matters is if I'm on a tight schedule and want to catch a flick before something else.

10. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

See I think lenght does matter, there's a lot movies that I go see at the theaters, and after it's done I tell myself wow that was short, it was missing something, so I get a little disapointed when that happens. I also think that longer movies are more interesting, the plot is usually better, and there's usually more action(depends the movie).

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions but Troy was a great movie, and it was filled with excessive crap.