• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Shopping/budgeting dilemma...what should I do?

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Ok, so since moving into my new place, I am without washer and dryer and I'm having to go to an onsite laundromat to wash my clothes. It's getting cold outside. :\

So, I got an email from Best Buy giving me a sneak peak into their Black Friday deals...and at noon today, I am going to be able to order via online or phone to get these deals. (I guess if I'm fast enough, idk)

So, here's the thing.

The deal is that these units are $500 a piece. Original price on both is $999 a piece. If I get them now, this will save me $1000 in the long run.

If you want to check them out, here is links to which units they are.

Washer:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/LG+-+4....+Red/9283232.p?id=1218074326238&skuId=9283232

Dryer:
LG - 7.3 Cu. Ft. 9-Cycle Super Capacity Electric Dryer - Wild Cherry Red - DLE2301R

----

So, here is my dilemma. I can afford it. Every year we get 2 extra paychecks. This coming December is when I get my extra one. However, it would take the entire paycheck. I had planned on using it to get a couple of extra games, some expensive makeup I like...huge payment (at least $500) to pay down my best buy card while it's still interest free...and then I was going to put the rest into savings so that I could build my financial cushion back up a little.

I eventually need to get a washer/dryer...but I can still use a laundromat and it's not dire. But do I want to pass up this deal? Do I want to buy a used washer/dryer that could possibly break down with no warranty shortly after I buy them?

Do I go ahead and get them and not pay extra $ on my Best Buy debt from my TV....or hope that I get the money later to pay it off before interest starts accumulating in 2012?

I am so confused on what to do.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
You have a washer/dryer hookup in your apartment?

That's a really tough call. I think I would go ahead and buy them, and be really strict about taking the money you would have spent at the laundromat - I realize it's not much but when I was single I was spending around $40 a month on laundry - and use that to pay down your card.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I don't think I spend more than $25 a month on the laundromat.

It's just more of it being an inconvenience. and yes, I do have washer/dryer hookups and a laundry room off the side of my kitchen.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
Yeah I think I'd get them. You're not going to find an LG washer and dryer for that price again any time soon.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Is LG a good brand? I've always preferred Kenmore for appliances...but it's been awhile since I have bought a large appliance like that.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
yeah LG washers and dryers are highly desirable.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Mirage Advice 18
Godsmirror Shopping 0
thealigator Shopping 2
Rapier Food & Beverage 0
Hilander Autos 2