• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Shooting at Texas church

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Jesse Rodriguez on Twitter

Seems like the U.S has these every couple of weeks now. It's truly sad.

Godsmirror

Registered Member
I think we all know by now that Washington is useless in terms of dealing with this. My opinion as to why?

The NRA. Washington does their bidding. Remember Vegas? Washington was talking about it, the NRA comes in with their bump stock recommendation, then you never heard anything else out of Washington. The NRA has them by the family jewels.

Here's my recommendation. Round up a few lawyers who know these laws inside and out. Have them track down victims and their family members and start class action lawsuits against the NRA. Their case? Willful negligence in choosing to NOT pressure Washington into enacting laws that put far more restrictions on the manufacture, transport and sale of all firearms. Then prove how those laws would stop the killings. Subpoena the hierarchy of the NRA and subpoena the lobby groups. Especially the lobbyists because they are directly compliant in the unwillingness to stop this BS.

There's my 2 cents.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
People really need to stop saying "Thoughts and Prayers" they were praying when they got shot. Prayers aren't going to save them.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
People really need to stop saying "Thoughts and Prayers" they were praying when they got shot. Prayers aren't going to save them.
Well, for one usually the thoughts and prayers are also with the family and friends of theirs, and you pray for peace and comfort. And technically, prayers COULD save them, just not in the sense you're thinking.

What people need to stop jumping to is gun control. This guy had a dishonorable discharge and was court martialed, regardless of the underlying offense, that's a felony. Thus he could not have obtained his guns legally.

MIT, I'm one of them at my parish. There are two others who we know are also. My priest knows we are and encourages us three to always be. It's sad it has to be this way.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I think we all know by now that Washington is useless in terms of dealing with this. My opinion as to why?

The NRA. Washington does their bidding. Remember Vegas? Washington was talking about it, the NRA comes in with their bump stock recommendation, then you never heard anything else out of Washington. The NRA has them by the family jewels.

Here's my recommendation. Round up a few lawyers who know these laws inside and out. Have them track down victims and their family members and start class action lawsuits against the NRA. Their case? Willful negligence in choosing to NOT pressure Washington into enacting laws that put far more restrictions on the manufacture, transport and sale of all firearms. Then prove how those laws would stop the killings. Subpoena the hierarchy of the NRA and subpoena the lobby groups. Especially the lobbyists because they are directly compliant in the unwillingness to stop this BS.

There's my 2 cents.
Nice suggestion, but it can't work. You can't sue a third party over the negligence of someone else. You can't sue Ford, for example, for people using cars in bank getaways. Civil law doesn't work that way.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
We have at our church armed church members at all times. Sad its got to be like that.
An armed neighbor of that church did shoot at him which likely kept more people from being killed. All churches should think about having armed members.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
What people need to stop jumping to is gun control. This guy had a dishonorable discharge and was court martialed, regardless of the underlying offense, that's a felony. Thus he could not have obtained his guns legally.
Exactly, so gun laws didn't stop him but some are calling for more laws that will do no good except to disarm the neighbor that ran him off with a gun.

Impaired

Registered Member
Who would Jesus shoot?

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Who would Jesus shoot?
Good question. Since the overwhelming number of people who commit violence are non practicing Christians, maybe we should ban non practicing Christians from owning any firearms. Of course, Jesus did believe in defending oneself, as He said in Luke 22:36 "and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one".