Shoot the Puppy!

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Boredie, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Boredie

Boredie In need of Entertainment

How would you solve the problem?
    Do you agree with the idea of getting rid of all the mongrels?

2. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

Wow.

I'm pretty sure at a minimum, you could keep dogs where it's known that the parents are both non-violent breeds... :rolleyes:

3. NINnerd

NINnerd Survived a M&G with Trent

This shit makes me sick.

Punish the deed, not the breed!!

Meaning:
    Punish those who make their dogs aggressive. It's rarely the dog being aggressive on his/her own. They are trained to be that way.

The only reason that certain breeds are responsible for the most bites is because they are the breeds TRAINED BY PEOPLE to be aggressive. And the really touching part is that after being abused for so long by humans, these dogs are likely to adoptable once again after some therapy.

Harsher animal rights laws are needed, not the banning of certain breeds.

I am very much against breed-specific legislation.

4. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

This is pretty intense. I agree with NIN, it's more the owner making their dogs agressive. The owners should train their dogs to be less agressive. Gettimg rid of all the dogs of the same breed in the country isn't a good idea in my opinion.

5. Mihael_langley

Mihael_langley Formerly "Maikeru"

I do agree its in all interest of a community to control mongrels, but I don't think shooting them is the best solution, seems a bit absolute.

Animal centers where they could be collected on the streets, and later on adopted.

However those genetic manipulated german breed are a bit more complicated issue to solve, since the owner should be fully responsible with all its implications, once the harm is done and the dog is set to be aggressive i see no other way than to take them out.