• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Shoe shopping

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
Never even considered it. Shoes are just shoes to me, I have some nice ones that I go out in, some hiking boot things and some knackered trainers. Generally only realise I have to buy more shoes when rainwater's getting at my feet.

I can see the appeal of shoes though, and when I do my yearly shop for a pair of them with no holes in them, I will try my best to get some decent ones. My main concern being that they will not drop to bits after walking four steps in them.

--
Quick observation:
A lot of my female friends who buy high heels for going out in always complain that their shoes hurt their feet. And I don't mean a little bit, I mean a lot, and it's almost all of them complaining. They also love shoes as a majority. Generally if there's something out there that hurts me in some way then I don't like it, and definitely won't buy it. What is it with high heels and the inclination of women buying them even though they hurt? WTF? ---

Last edited:

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
--
Quick observation:
A lot of my female friends who buy high heels for going out in always complain that their shoes hurt their feet. And I don't mean a little bit, I mean a lot, and it's almost all of them complaining. They also love shoes as a majority. Generally if there's something out there that hurts me in some way then I don't like it, and definitely won't buy it. What is it with high heels and the inclination of women buying them even though they hurt? WTF? ---
Most of the time, they only hurt if they are new. There is a break in period for heels. Sometimes mine hurt my feet the first 3 times I wear them, and then they are fine.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
I hate buying new shoes, or better yet, I hate shoe shopping altogether. I'm not too big on heels and pumps since I'm tall enough as it is, it just makes me look like an ogress.

I only shop for running shoes, converse and skate shoes - and it's usually at the Adidas store in downtown Vancouver. Best part about buying shoes from there is that they're durable and really good quality and they usually last a year.