Shipping vs. Gas

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by icegoat63, May 21, 2008.

1. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

I just recently bought myself an ipod on ebay. I got it for the same price (including shipping) that I could have gotten it here in town. But did I really? The closest place to me that has them is about 15 minutes from my house. Going back and forth thats at least 1-2 gallons of gas... say 2 just for fun. So around 8 bucks for gas, shipping for the ipod was 7.49....

Now I got to thinking... anymore what would I rather do? Drive to town and buy these things so you dont have to pay for Shipping? Or buy them online so you dont have to pay for gas...

What would you rather do?

2. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

well it all depends on what's cheaper, usually for me I go to the store to buy things but I have been known to use ebay for things that you can't buy anymore brand new such as donkey kong 64.

Sometimes I just feel like going to the store because then you get to bring the item home with you rather than wait for it.

icegoat63 likes this.
  3. viLky

viLky ykLiv

I'd take the Internet when I can. It's just a few simple clicks and all you need to do is await for the arrival of the item(s). If you go to the store, it's just ANOTHER thing you need to do. Another chore. That, and you avoid the risk of an accident.

Nightsurfer likes this.
  4. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

Depends on if you like shopping or not. I despise shopping and it irks me just to have to walk into a store even for something I know I can get right then and there because the people are so effin rude. I'll happily click away and wait a couple days for something if it's the same price or less.

icegoat63 likes this.
  5. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

It's not just gas when you go to the store. There's also at least 30 minutes of your life spent towards buying it (could be more if there's a wait in line). And the time to get ready to go out, lol...

dDave likes this.
  6. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Saving 51 cents isn't going to influence my decision on whether I should buy something at the store or on the internet. It's worth the 51 cents to bring home what you want that day.

7. kiwi

kiwi The Original Kiwi

If I really want it that day, I'll go buy it, but for kids clothes or toys or books, you can usually get them cheaper online even with shipping and I have started comparing shipping costs too gas costs.

dDave likes this.
  8. viLky

viLky ykLiv

The shipping is also great if you order stuff from Amazon.com., or similar places. You don't need to travel to multiple stores to get all your wants - just one shop stop.

9. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

The only thing I dont like about shipping.... is the tracking!

Oh man when I get a tracking number Im on that sucker tracking its every move and when its late.... oooo I get so pissed. hahaha Im better off just not having a tracking number and getting it when I get it.

dDave likes this.