Movies Sherlock Holmes Movie

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Mirage, May 20, 2009.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Check this out. Robert Downey Jr. plays Sherlock Holmes in this upcoming movie due out in December:

YouTube - Sherlock Holmes Trailer [HD] *NEW*

Looks like one that I'll like. I didn't really see Sherlock Holmes as being an action movie but it seems like it could work.

Doc likes this.

2. WesJones87

WesJones87 RayzorBlade87

I don't think it's based on the original books by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, but based on a comic book series based around the character of Sherlock Holmes, which would explain the increased action scenes.

It does indeed look good though.

3. greyham_G

greyham_G Registered Member

Rachel McAdams went to my high school :D

But ya this looks pretty good i must say. i dont know about robert downey jr though...we shall see. Ill definitely go see it.

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I've always been a fan of Sherlock Holmes and this movie looks exciting filled with action and entertainment. Downey Jr is a good actor and I am sure he's going to be a great Holmes. Jude Law isn't to shabby himself.

Cant wait to see this movie.

5. Marvelous1

Marvelous1 Registered Member

The only Sherlock Holmes movies I want to watch are the ones starring Basil Rathbone as Sherlock Holmes and Nigel Bruce as Dr. Watson.

6. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I'll be going to see this, but mainly because Guy Ritchie is the director and I love his films

7. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Well the movie is coming out this Friday, I definitely won't be seeing it that day, but I definitely want to see this movie. I've been seeing tons of trailers on television and the movie looks more awesome everytime I see one. I think this will be Downey Jr best performace even better than Tony Stark or Lazurus from Tropic Thunder.

The movie looks epic.

8. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I can't wait to see it either. Every time i've been to see a movie i've seen the trailer for it. There is one part that cracks me up so much, and the rest looks good too. Hopefully the actual movie is as good. I'll probably get round to seeing it on one of my days off over xmas.

9. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

I've seen the trailers and it's advertised everywhere here and the movie looks magnificent and I'll definitely be going to see it.

10. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

Greatest movie (I'd like to thing so) ever made. I saw it today, it was brilliant :D Best thing was the slow motion fight! The way the movie ended, I'd say they are making a sequel.