• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

SEGA Shenmue

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Has anyone else played the sequel? I know I paid something like $70 for the big pack version of this game, and I loved playing it.. even though I could only bring myself to playing it once.

dk_rare

Registered Member
I havn't properly played either of them, but you can download the original, I am sure, and just burn them onto cds. Not that it costs that much to buy, GAME are selling them less than 15 quid each! Sealed!

CrispyCocaine

Registered Member
How could you only play this game once!?!?!? You are crazy. This has to be the best 2 games ever. It's such a shame i heard that they weren't doing a shenmue 3. It really stinks. I was really looking forward to the 3rd one. But, I will not give up. There is still hope.

Doc

V.I.P.
The gameplay was good, and it had a good story. It was too linear. Playing the game was like watching a movie, and it was way too easy of a game anyway. It's only been worth one shot playing.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Yeah, I hate games that are more like movies. I want to be playing the damn thing, not watching it.

SamusAran86

Registered Member
Could someone explain shenmue for me. It was recommended in the other topic, and would like to know just exactly what this title is.

Doc

V.I.P.
It's not your standard RPG. You're actually in towns that are quite real. The battle system is a very fun part of the game, even though I thought there should have been more fights. You learn new moves by finding scrolls around town, I belive. There's a bunch of fun side games and such.

[Minor Spoiler]
I spend a lot of time at the forklift races, and the forklift mini game was pretty cool. The motorcycle near the end was hell fun too.