Shelton Benjamin

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Babe_Ruth, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I know we've had a few threads of Benjamin, but I feel like to start another one. I've always had a man crush on Benjamin the guy is so entertaining in the ring and I never understood why he never got his chance or never got a "major" push. Yes I know his microphone skills are terrible but, but he has all the tools in the ring. He's one of the better wrestlers in the WWE in my opinion, definitely the most athletic.

What are your thoughts on Shelton? Here's one of my favorite matches of all time, and it involves Benjamin.

YouTube - WWE Raw Shelton Benjamin Vs. Shawn Michaels Part 1

YouTube - WWE Raw Shelton Benjamin Vs. Shawn Michaels Part 2

viLky likes this.

2. Shooting_Palanx

Shooting_Palanx The Rock is cooking atm..

You just said it, Mic skills.

To be in the top billing, you'd have to have solid mic skills, which is pretty sad for a wrestler of his ability.

Even Sheamus with his blithering accent has better mic skills than Benjamin.

I guess that's one hurtle he'll have to overcome lol.

3. Unity

Unity #AllTogetherNowSTL Staff Member

I don't think Benjamin's mic skills are that terrible...not everyone can be perfect with that, but his in ring performance speaks for itself. Kind of like RVD.

viLky likes this.
  4. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

From what i've seen from Benjamin recently, his mic skills don't seem half as bad as a face. he can sounds cheesy and still get over as a face, but he was never charismatic enough to be a convincing heel.

I'd love to see Benjamin get a proper push, it's WAYYY overdue, but at this point i don't know if it'll ever happen. Tey had a chance when he beat Triple H years ago and he was extremely over, but missed it.

viLky likes this.
  5. Shooting_Palanx

Shooting_Palanx The Rock is cooking atm..

I hope they don't drop the ball on Benjamin. Mind you, he lacks charisma as a great face, but I think it's just his voice. Quite frankly, I find it pretty annoying.

viLky likes this.
  6. Unity

Unity #AllTogetherNowSTL Staff Member

Hmm since the push is way overdue, as most of us agree, how about Benjamin wins the Rumble tonight and goes on to be champ at WM?!?!?! I'm ready for it. haha

7. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

I think its too late for Shelton Benjamin. I mean seriously if he hasn't been given a main event push by now then he'll never get one.

He's a great performer but I just dont think its in the cards.

viLky likes this.